Top 10 famous wine collectors

Robert Rosania

Robert Rosania, a real estate investor based in New York, is considered to be one of the the world’s greatest Champagne collectors. Despite having started collecting Champagne just 10 years ago, Rosania has amassed a vast collection describing himself as a “connoisseur of fine and rare Champagne.”

In 2012 the billionaire sold off 1,000 lots of Champagne including extremely rare bottles from the likes of Bollinger, Taittinger, Salon, Dom Pérignon, Pol Roger, Philipponnat, Krug and Louis Roederer realising sales of HK$8 million (£635,798). Highlights included a bottle of 1911 Moët & Chandon and magnums of Cristal 1964 and 1969.

20 Responses to “Top 10 famous wine collectors”

1. Richard says:

Doris Duke, the daughter of an American tobacco baron should also be remembered for her incredible time capsule of a cellar with the latest vintage being 1937. She had quite a life.

2. Chris Rebok says:

I’m missing Adi Werner, owner of Arlberg Hospiz Hotel and his unique collection of 5000 Bordeaux in big bottles. Get a impression of his amazing cellar at http://chris.rebok.de/portfolio/wine-cellar/arlberg-hospiz-alm/

3. Gilbert says:

I am about to promote this collection of wines that I have been asked by the wife of the deceased owner, Jurgon Jacobs, to sell the complete collection of vintage wines dating back to 1855. If you would like to have a preview of this collection, then please take a look at this website. You may wish to purchase this collection or you might know of someone who would like to own it.

Many Thanks
    Gilbert Sharrard

4. Anita says:

I have a 1994 vintage wine name La Maison Duroi that i want to sell.

5. Carlos Azevedo says:

I have a few bottles of wine that I would like to sell to a collector.
    They are kept in a cellar, but I am pretty sure that some are off.
    List :
    9 bottles of Chateau la Fleur Saint Georges, appellation Lalande de Pomerol, vintage 1970.
    3 bottles of Alsace Trimbach, cuvée Frédéric Émile, 1992.
    1 bottle of Chateau Corbin, Montagne – Saint-Émilion, 1966.
    1 bottle of Yalumba Angas Brut, rose, Australian sparkling wine, L5347
    Thank you.

6. Emilija says:

I have a bottle of very rare bottle of sparkling vine from Yugoslavia 1968

7. Julie Sanchez says:

This is an old string so I am not sure anyone monitors it. My husband has the entire Artist Series of Kenwood wines from 1975. Including two of the bottles that were never sold at market which include the naked lady and the skeleton lady. All the bottles are pristine. If this is something you are interested, please let me know. We are looking to sell the entire collection which is currently located in Fresno, CA.

Kindest Regards,

Julie

8. Szabo Alex says:

I have a 1912 vintage wine name Tokaji Asszueszencia that i want to sell.
    +36304204269
    szaboalex1997@gmail.com

9. Fredrick S Gelb says:

10. Fredrick S Gelb says:

Hi Folks, I found a bottle of what looks to be un-opened Champagne, but not sure what it is. I found it at my grandfathers about 35 years ago after he passed. Its produced by a company called L. N. Renault & sons established in 1870. Could anyone please direct me to way to find out more about it? Whether it has value perhaps? It has a PA liquor sticker board sticker on it. My email is rickygelb@gmail.com I can send photos. Thank you. F. Scott Gelb .

11. wendy says:

Hi i have 3 bottles of collectors wine that i would like to sell if interested pls email me for pictures at wendzm@gmail.com thank you

12. john says:

I have 6 bottles groot constantia 1971 Shiraz

Any offers

13. James lee says:

Hello my name is James lee,I have to bottle of wine and champagne that I had census 1986 Wichita never been open.they are up state new York Hutson valley wine factory how much are they worth.

14. R FESSENDEN says:

I have an unopened bottle of 1937 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti LA TACHE. The cork was damaged and one third of the wine has evaporated. I has not been cellared properly and is most likely not drinkable. I’d like to know its value.

15. DARLENE FINN says:

IS THERE A BOOK ABOUT WINE COLLECTORS? A BOOK LIKE THIS ARTICLE.

16. Diamond L says:

Hello,
    We have discovered a very old wine glass during the excavations under the house.
    It is estimated that the old sealed wine has been there for 1500 years. Now it is being tested by the scientists at the university.

For serious people who are interested can e-mail. We will send the picture of the wine.

Thanks,

17. Jennylin lim says:

I have bottle of Grande champagne 1928 where can I post this for bidding . Need help thank you.

18. Raymond says:

Good day please can I get advice to the value off a 1827 bottle off cherry marnier liquor bottled in France. Thanks Raymond