Top 10 low-calorie wine brands

10th April, 2013 by Patrick Schmitt

3. Weight Watchers Fruity White & Rosé – 75 calories (125ml)

weight-watchers-fruity-white-wine-largeProduced under licence for Weight Watchers by Reh Kendermann is Fruity White, an off-dry German wine which contains just 75 calories per 125ml serving.

Comprising a white with 8.5% abv and a rosé with 9%, the wines are “medium-sweet” and employ Weight Watchers’ points scheme, promising drinkers just two points per glass.

Reh Kendermann became outraged last year when Banrock Station Light – a 5.5% variant of Accolade Wine’s brand – claimed it had a link with Weight Watchers.

As reported by the drinks business at the time, Chris Stirk, director of Weight Watchers Products and Licensing explained, “Reh Kendermann GmbH is exclusively licensed to produce Weight Watchers wine and is the only wine range to include Weight WatchersProPoints® values on the label.”

Continuing, he said: “Contrary to a recent press release, no ‘partnership’ exists between Weight Watchers and either Accolade Wines or Banrock Station Light.”

However, since that time, McWilliams has produced a range which is also endorsed by the UK’s largest dieting brand.

RRP £5 with 75 calories per 125ml serve.

9 Responses to “Top 10 low-calorie wine brands”

1. richard oldcorn says:

Is there anywhere in the SW13 area you would recommend as having a good range of low alcohol wines?

Thanks and regards

Richard oldcorn

2. Skinny Booze says:

Low calorie wine is great for your health, but in my opinion is tastes better too!

3. Dani Marie says:

I am not sure how I feel about the low calorie wines. I heard the alcohol content is lower than regular wine. For me portion control is the key so I love products like Stack Wine. They are individually portioned wine glasses, which prevent me from over pouring. That way I can stick with one or two glasses instead of accidentally finishing an entire bottle. Plus there is no waste. I would recommend checking them out as an alternative http://www.drinkstack.com.

4. We do not advertise our Blanc limé with this low calorie category but actually, it is only 85 calories per 5-ounce serving. Thus lower than Skinny girl or skinny vine.. Should we renamed it Skinny limé?

5. maryanne wallace says:

I need to know the best tasting lowest calorie and suger wine my boyfriend has, me hooked on Moscato Gallo so if I could find something less calories but comparing in taste I’d be so happy so any thing you could tell me so I can watch my calories suger and pocket book please respond asap!

6. I love a red zinfandel, but I have been packing on the pounds, I am ready to watch my calories and carbs. what are the best wines, dry or in between (prefer inbetween) to cut a lot of calories. I think I read dry wines are lower in sugar? Please advise. I appreciate a response. Thanks.

7. Adam steve says:

I would never recommend low calorie alcoholic drinks to anyone because alcohol itself is a problem to the society.

8. Barbara Moyer says:

It’s not just the calories. It’s about the lower alcohol content. Lower alcohol content means enjoyment without getting the heavy 12.5-14.5% alcohol content.

Job vacancies

Deadline : 25th August 2017

Global Chardonnay Masters 2017

Deadline : 1st September 2017

The Global Sauvignon Blanc Masters 2017

Deadline : 1st September 2017

The Global Rosé Masters 2017

With wines from the palest of pink to almost ruby red, bone dry to almost cloyingly sweet, reductively handled to barrel-aged, as well as gently spritzy to fully sparkling.

The Global Organic Masters 2017

The drinks business is thrilled to announce the launch of The Global Organic Masters

The Drinks Business Awards 2017

Now in its 15th year, the db awards have become the most authoritative, internationally respected badge of achievement in the alcoholic drinks industry.

The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters 2017

the drinks business Hong Kong announces its first year of The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters.