Top 10 low-calorie wine brands

9 Lower alcohol Marlborough Sauvignon – average 90 calories (148ml)

bella-low-calorie-sauvignon-blancAs the UK’s best selling variety, it is perhaps no surprise that Sauvignon Blanc has been the focus of vinous innovation in recent history.

And along with sparkling variants from Marlborough – source of the world’s most pungent Sauvignon – come lower-alcohol wines.

First to the market was Forrest Winery, but others have now followed, creating a whole category of lower-alcohol Marlborough “Savvies”.

Two notable lauches are “First Pick” – a 9% abv offering from Constellation-owned Kim Crawford – and the 9% “Bella” Sauvignon Blanc from Invivo Wines (pictured).

For the future, Marlborough Sauvignon brand leader Brancott Estate is bringing the lower alcohol “Flight” to the UK later this year, although the range extension is already available in New Zealand.

The wines contain an average of 90 calories per 148ml/5 ounce serve.

12 Responses to “Top 10 low-calorie wine brands”

1. richard oldcorn says:

Is there anywhere in the SW13 area you would recommend as having a good range of low alcohol wines?

Thanks and regards

Richard oldcorn

2. Skinny Booze says:

Low calorie wine is great for your health, but in my opinion is tastes better too!

3. Dani Marie says:

I am not sure how I feel about the low calorie wines. I heard the alcohol content is lower than regular wine. For me portion control is the key so I love products like Stack Wine. They are individually portioned wine glasses, which prevent me from over pouring. That way I can stick with one or two glasses instead of accidentally finishing an entire bottle. Plus there is no waste. I would recommend checking them out as an alternative http://www.drinkstack.com.

4. We do not advertise our Blanc limé with this low calorie category but actually, it is only 85 calories per 5-ounce serving. Thus lower than Skinny girl or skinny vine.. Should we renamed it Skinny limé?

5. maryanne wallace says:

I need to know the best tasting lowest calorie and suger wine my boyfriend has, me hooked on Moscato Gallo so if I could find something less calories but comparing in taste I’d be so happy so any thing you could tell me so I can watch my calories suger and pocket book please respond asap!

6. I love a red zinfandel, but I have been packing on the pounds, I am ready to watch my calories and carbs. what are the best wines, dry or in between (prefer inbetween) to cut a lot of calories. I think I read dry wines are lower in sugar? Please advise. I appreciate a response. Thanks.

7. Adam steve says:

I would never recommend low calorie alcoholic drinks to anyone because alcohol itself is a problem to the society.

8. Barbara Moyer says:

It’s not just the calories. It’s about the lower alcohol content. Lower alcohol content means enjoyment without getting the heavy 12.5-14.5% alcohol content.

9. Lynnette Bergman says:

Where can you buy these wines?

10. Lynnette Bergman says:

Where can I purchase these wines?

11. ANIL PATEL says:

I enjoy and wish there were selection in this category. Albertson’s has it.