Top 10 low-calorie wine brands

5 Skinnygirl Wine – 100 calories (148ml)

skinny-girl-wineCredited with kick-starting the low-calorie drinks trend is Skinnygirl, which was created in 2009 for ready-made cocktails by chef, author and TV star Bethenny Frankel.

In March 2012 however, the range was extended to include three wines, each of which promise to contain just 100 calories per 5-ounce serving (148ml) and have 12% abv.

The Skinnygirl Wine Collection comprises a California white blend, red blend and a rosé, with each retailing for US$15, slightly more than new competitor The Skinny Vine.

The brand is now owned by Fortune Brands, following Frankel’s sale of Skinnygirl to the group, which owns Jim Beam Bourbon, in March 2011 for US$8.1 million.

$15 per bottle with 100 calories per 148ml/5 ounce serve.

13 Responses to “Top 10 low-calorie wine brands”

1. richard oldcorn says:

Is there anywhere in the SW13 area you would recommend as having a good range of low alcohol wines?

Thanks and regards

Richard oldcorn

2. Skinny Booze says:

Low calorie wine is great for your health, but in my opinion is tastes better too!

3. Dani Marie says:

I am not sure how I feel about the low calorie wines. I heard the alcohol content is lower than regular wine. For me portion control is the key so I love products like Stack Wine. They are individually portioned wine glasses, which prevent me from over pouring. That way I can stick with one or two glasses instead of accidentally finishing an entire bottle. Plus there is no waste. I would recommend checking them out as an alternative http://www.drinkstack.com.

4. We do not advertise our Blanc limé with this low calorie category but actually, it is only 85 calories per 5-ounce serving. Thus lower than Skinny girl or skinny vine.. Should we renamed it Skinny limé?

5. maryanne wallace says:

I need to know the best tasting lowest calorie and suger wine my boyfriend has, me hooked on Moscato Gallo so if I could find something less calories but comparing in taste I’d be so happy so any thing you could tell me so I can watch my calories suger and pocket book please respond asap!

6. I love a red zinfandel, but I have been packing on the pounds, I am ready to watch my calories and carbs. what are the best wines, dry or in between (prefer inbetween) to cut a lot of calories. I think I read dry wines are lower in sugar? Please advise. I appreciate a response. Thanks.

7. Adam steve says:

I would never recommend low calorie alcoholic drinks to anyone because alcohol itself is a problem to the society.

8. Barbara Moyer says:

It’s not just the calories. It’s about the lower alcohol content. Lower alcohol content means enjoyment without getting the heavy 12.5-14.5% alcohol content.

9. Lynnette Bergman says:

Where can you buy these wines?

10. Lynnette Bergman says:

Where can I purchase these wines?

11. ANIL PATEL says:

I enjoy and wish there were selection in this category. Albertson’s has it.

12. YFC says:

I enjoy a good Moscato but what brand has low calorie moscato and test good.