Register now to taste top Italian wines in London tomorrow
Register now to taste top Italian wines at London’s 67 Pall Mall, with a packed day of masterclasses from 11am, taking in fine whites to brilliant Brunello.
The educational tastings form part of a 5-day celebration of Italian wine as part of Milano Wine Week, which for the first time is being screened live to London, among other major cities of the world, such as Hong Kong and New York.
Tomorrow’s masterclasses begin at 11am with a close look at the great whites and reds of northern Italy, taking in Fruilano from Colli Orientali to Amarone and Piedmontese Albarossa, followed by a buffet lunch at the club – to which all attendees of the event are warmly invited, at no charge.
Then, at 2.30, the events continue with a masterclass on ‘Italian regional specialities’, with a broad sweep of exciting wines being poured, from Valle d’Aosta’s Petite Arvine white grape to Aglianico del Taburno DOCG – you can see the full list below.
Finally, at 4.15, we delve into the world of Brunello di Montalcino, as the event offers a chance to taste wines from this great region from the outstanding 2016 vintage.
The line-up for Friday 8 October at 67 Pall Mall
11.00-12.15 Go West from East: an unusual northern Italy wine trip, by Leone Alato
Speaker: Giovanni Casati – Oenologist
- Torre Rosazza – Blanc di Neri Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC 2018
- Torre Rosazza – Pinot grigio Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC 2020
- Torre Rosazza – Friulano Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC 2020
- Costa Arènte – Ripasso Valpolicella DOC 2018
- Costa Arènte – Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG 2016
- Bricco dei Guazzi – Presidenta Monferrato DOC 2019
- Bricco dei Guazzi – Albarossa Piemonte DOC 2018
14.30 – 15.45 Italian regional specialties by the glass, by COLDIRETTI
Speaker: Sara Tosti
- Antonio Facchin e Figli Soc. Agr. – Prosecco Spumante DOC Treviso
- Annafrancesca di Gobbi Anna – Charme VSP
- Grosjean Vins – Petite Arvine Vigne Rovettaz Valle D’Aosta DOC
- Fontanavecchia – Falanghina del Sannio Taburno DOC
- Azienda Vinicola Talamonti – Trabocchetto – Pecorino Abruzzo DOC Superiore 2020
- Annafrancesca di Gobbi Anna – Libellula – Merlot IGT
- Fontanavecchia – Aglianico del Taburno DOCG
- Az. Agr. Tenuta Pere Rosse – Bibèo Primitivo IGP 2017
- Az. Agr. Tenuta Pere Rosse – Bibèo Puglia IGP 2018
16.15 – 17.30 2016 BRUNELLO, I VERSANTI – The terroirs within the region, by Consorzio del Vino Brunello di Montalcino
Speaker: Filippo Bortolotta
- Lambardi – Lambardi Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2016
- Col D’Orcia – Col d’Orcia Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2016
- Col di Lamo – Col di Lamo Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2016 “A Diletta”
- Val di Suga – Val di Suga Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2016 “Vigna Spuntali”
- Casisano – Casisano Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2016
- Terre Nere – Terre Nere Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2016 “Campigli Vallone”
- La Magia – La Magia Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2016
- Camigliano – Camigliano Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2016 “Paesaggio Inatteso”