Milano Wine Week Masterclasses ― Tues 11th Oct in London
Wednesday, 11th October at Menier Penthouse, 5th Floor, 38 Southwark St, London SE1 1UN
Milano Wine Week returns for its sixth edition, transforming Italy’s liveliest metropolis into an international hub for the global wine community.
LONDON MASTERCLASS SCHEDULE
Wednesday 11th October 2023:
11.00 – 12.15 PM | “ITALIAN SIGNATURE ON NATIVE GRAPES” by REGIONE SARDEGNA
In this Masterclass, we will explore Italy’s rich and diverse grape varieties, which are a priceless heritage to the world. Sample the finest offerings from the Region of Sardinia and its Consortia, including wines with “designation of origin” status such as Vermentino di Gallura DOCG, Cannonau DOC, and Carignano del Sulcis DOC, among others.
1.45 – 3.00 PM | “Exploring Italy Through the Glass: Tasting Unique Wines, Expressing the Richness and Biodiversity of Italian Indigenous Grape Varieties” by COLDIRETTI
Speaker: Sara Tosti
This Masterclass will take you on a journey through the places that represent the benchmark of Italian wine and food, from sparkling to bold red wines.
Az Agricola Il Poggiolo, Vino Spumante di Qualità Metodo Classico Pinot Nero Brut
Matteo Fenoglio, Alta Langa Rosé Brut 2019
Le Morette di Valerio Zenato, DOC Lugana Mandolara 2022
Az Agr Tonutti di Dino e Marco, DOC Friulano 2021
Fabrizio Gorzoni, IGT Crepuscolo Rosato 2022
Cantine Antigori, IGT Isola dei Nauraghi Carignano 2021
Castello di Uviglie, DOC Monferrato Rosso (Hosteria) 2020
Terre di Serrapetrona, DOC Serrapetrona Robbione 2016
3.30 – 4.45 PM | “The Dal Bianco Family’s Wine Vision. A Conversation with Federico Dal Bianco and Filippo Bartolotta”
Speaker: Filippo Bartolotta
Embark on a journey to discover the secrets of the Masottina collection, exploring the qualitative pyramid of Prosecco wines. This sensory and exploratory analysis will take you from Prosecco DOC Treviso to R.D.O., the Rive di Ogliano, one of the greatest expressions of Conegliano Valdobbiadene.
- ViaVenti Prosecco DOC Treviso Extra Brut 2022
- ViaVenti Prosecco DOC Treviso Rosé 2022
- R.D.O. Ponente Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Rive di Ogliano Brut 2022
- R.D.O. Levante Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Rive di Ogliano Extra Dry 2022
- R.D.O. Levante Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Rive di Ogliano Extra Dry 2016
- Ai Palazzi by Masottina Rizzardo Colli di Conegliano Bianco DOCG 2018
- Ai Palazzi by Masottina Montesco Colli di Conegliano Rosso DOCG 2017
- Ai Palazzi by Masottina Montesco Colli di Conegliano Rosso DOCG 2010
Led by Filippo Bartolotta, a renowned wine speaker featured in Decanter and The Drink Business magazines, we will explore the question: Is Brut/Extra Dry merely a matter of dosage and taste?
All London Milano Wine Week masterclasses will be held in
Menier Penthouse, 5th Floor, 38 Southwark St, London SE1 1UN