Top 10 low-calorie wine brands

10th April, 2013 by Patrick Schmitt

10 Lindemans Early Harvest – 90 calories (per 148ml/5 ounce serve)

Lindemans Early Harvest ShirazLindeman’s was the first major brand in Australia to launch a lower-alcohol wine range when it unveiled Early Harvest in 2007 with a 25% reduction in alcohol and calorie content.

It is also one of the few brands to produce a lower-alcohol red wine, and Lindeman’s has a Shiraz in its Early Harvest range of wines.

The Shiraz has an 8.5% abv and around 90 calories per serving, as do the other wines in the range, which includes a rosé, white blend, as well as a Semillon/Sauvignon and a pink sparkling Chardonnay.

According to the brand owner, Treasury Wine Estates, the brand is leader of the lower-alcohol category in Australia, which is worth over AU$50 million, and the wines “are skilfully produced using grapes harvested from naturally early-ripening regions of the Murray Valley to produce a wine that is big on taste but lower in alcohol.”

RRP AU$9 with 90 calories per 148ml/5 ounce serve.

9 Responses to “Top 10 low-calorie wine brands”

1. richard oldcorn says:

Is there anywhere in the SW13 area you would recommend as having a good range of low alcohol wines?

Thanks and regards

Richard oldcorn

2. Skinny Booze says:

Low calorie wine is great for your health, but in my opinion is tastes better too!

3. Dani Marie says:

I am not sure how I feel about the low calorie wines. I heard the alcohol content is lower than regular wine. For me portion control is the key so I love products like Stack Wine. They are individually portioned wine glasses, which prevent me from over pouring. That way I can stick with one or two glasses instead of accidentally finishing an entire bottle. Plus there is no waste. I would recommend checking them out as an alternative http://www.drinkstack.com.

4. We do not advertise our Blanc limé with this low calorie category but actually, it is only 85 calories per 5-ounce serving. Thus lower than Skinny girl or skinny vine.. Should we renamed it Skinny limé?

5. maryanne wallace says:

I need to know the best tasting lowest calorie and suger wine my boyfriend has, me hooked on Moscato Gallo so if I could find something less calories but comparing in taste I’d be so happy so any thing you could tell me so I can watch my calories suger and pocket book please respond asap!

6. I love a red zinfandel, but I have been packing on the pounds, I am ready to watch my calories and carbs. what are the best wines, dry or in between (prefer inbetween) to cut a lot of calories. I think I read dry wines are lower in sugar? Please advise. I appreciate a response. Thanks.

7. Adam steve says:

I would never recommend low calorie alcoholic drinks to anyone because alcohol itself is a problem to the society.

8. Barbara Moyer says:

It’s not just the calories. It’s about the lower alcohol content. Lower alcohol content means enjoyment without getting the heavy 12.5-14.5% alcohol content.

Job vacancies

Brand Ambassador – Santa Rita Estates

Santa Rita Estates
London or Hertfordshire but with flexibility to travel, UK

Sales Executive - Wine and Spirits Awards

The Drinks Business
Central London, UK

On-Trade Channel Manager

Delegat Europe Limited (UK)
London / Midlands, GB

Trade Marketing Analyst

Delegat Europe (UK)
London, GB

Key Account Executive

Delegat Europe Limited (UK)
London / Midlands, GB

Deadline : 10th March 2017

db Awards 2017

Deadline : 28th April 2017

The Global Organic Masters 2017

Deadline : 3rd March 2017

The Global Sparkling Masters

the drinks business is thrilled to announce the launch of The Global Sparkling Masters

The Global Rosé Masters 2016

the drinks business is proud to announce the launch of the Global Rosé Masters 2016.

The Prosecco Masters 2016

Now in its third year, the competition will reflect the growth in popularity of this fresh and exciting sparkling wine from the picturesque regions of Veneto and Friuli.

The Global Pinot Noir Masters 2016

After the success of last year’s competition that judged over 250 wines from no less than 16 countries, the drinks business is proud to announce the third year of the Global Pinot Noir Masters