Top 10 low-calorie wine brands

10 Lindemans Early Harvest – 90 calories (per 148ml/5 ounce serve)

Lindemans Early Harvest ShirazLindeman’s was the first major brand in Australia to launch a lower-alcohol wine range when it unveiled Early Harvest in 2007 with a 25% reduction in alcohol and calorie content.

It is also one of the few brands to produce a lower-alcohol red wine, and Lindeman’s has a Shiraz in its Early Harvest range of wines.

The Shiraz has an 8.5% abv and around 90 calories per serving, as do the other wines in the range, which includes a rosé, white blend, as well as a Semillon/Sauvignon and a pink sparkling Chardonnay.

According to the brand owner, Treasury Wine Estates, the brand is leader of the lower-alcohol category in Australia, which is worth over AU$50 million, and the wines “are skilfully produced using grapes harvested from naturally early-ripening regions of the Murray Valley to produce a wine that is big on taste but lower in alcohol.”

RRP AU$9 with 90 calories per 148ml/5 ounce serve.

13 Responses to “Top 10 low-calorie wine brands”

1. richard oldcorn says:

Is there anywhere in the SW13 area you would recommend as having a good range of low alcohol wines?

Thanks and regards

Richard oldcorn

2. Skinny Booze says:

Low calorie wine is great for your health, but in my opinion is tastes better too!

3. Dani Marie says:

I am not sure how I feel about the low calorie wines. I heard the alcohol content is lower than regular wine. For me portion control is the key so I love products like Stack Wine. They are individually portioned wine glasses, which prevent me from over pouring. That way I can stick with one or two glasses instead of accidentally finishing an entire bottle. Plus there is no waste. I would recommend checking them out as an alternative http://www.drinkstack.com.

4. We do not advertise our Blanc limé with this low calorie category but actually, it is only 85 calories per 5-ounce serving. Thus lower than Skinny girl or skinny vine.. Should we renamed it Skinny limé?

5. maryanne wallace says:

I need to know the best tasting lowest calorie and suger wine my boyfriend has, me hooked on Moscato Gallo so if I could find something less calories but comparing in taste I’d be so happy so any thing you could tell me so I can watch my calories suger and pocket book please respond asap!

6. I love a red zinfandel, but I have been packing on the pounds, I am ready to watch my calories and carbs. what are the best wines, dry or in between (prefer inbetween) to cut a lot of calories. I think I read dry wines are lower in sugar? Please advise. I appreciate a response. Thanks.

7. Adam steve says:

I would never recommend low calorie alcoholic drinks to anyone because alcohol itself is a problem to the society.

8. Barbara Moyer says:

It’s not just the calories. It’s about the lower alcohol content. Lower alcohol content means enjoyment without getting the heavy 12.5-14.5% alcohol content.

9. Lynnette Bergman says:

Where can you buy these wines?

10. Lynnette Bergman says:

Where can I purchase these wines?

11. ANIL PATEL says:

I enjoy and wish there were selection in this category. Albertson’s has it.

12. YFC says:

I enjoy a good Moscato but what brand has low calorie moscato and test good.