Top 10 low-calorie wine brands

10th April, 2013 by Patrick Schmitt

1. Torres Natureo – 20 calories (100ml)

Torres. Natureo 2011 Rosat Syrah CabernetIf you really want to lose weight then drink water, but if you crave the taste of wine and are concerned about the calorie intake then Torres has the answer.

Launched back in 2008 was Natureo, a wine from Spanish winemaker Torres that has been stripped of its alcohol content, and therefore the majority of its calories.

With just 0.5% abv the product – it is not strictly a wine – has around 20 calories a glass, which is over half the number in a small apple.

While the white version, made with Moscatel, was introduced over four years ago, Torres has now added a red and rosé Natureo to the line-up.

Speaking to the drinks business about the product, Miguel Torres Maczassek said, “Funnily enough it is more complicated to make a dealcoholized wine than a conventional wine, but after many tests we found the solution in the so-called ‘Spinning Cone Column’, which gave us this great balance of the ‘nose’ and ‘palate’ we had been looking for.”

Continuing he recorded, “The first dealcoholized wine we released was Natureo White made of Moscatel. Later – with the new technical director Josep Sabarich – we added Natureo Red made of Syrah and Natureo Rosé made of Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon.

“So now we have 3 Natureo’s and they are really all a great success in many countries.”

Torres Natureo can be bought in the UK in supermarkets Asda and Waitrose for £5 per bottle.

RRP £5 with 20 calories per 100ml serve.

9 Responses to “Top 10 low-calorie wine brands”

1. richard oldcorn says:

Is there anywhere in the SW13 area you would recommend as having a good range of low alcohol wines?

Thanks and regards

Richard oldcorn

2. Skinny Booze says:

Low calorie wine is great for your health, but in my opinion is tastes better too!

3. Dani Marie says:

I am not sure how I feel about the low calorie wines. I heard the alcohol content is lower than regular wine. For me portion control is the key so I love products like Stack Wine. They are individually portioned wine glasses, which prevent me from over pouring. That way I can stick with one or two glasses instead of accidentally finishing an entire bottle. Plus there is no waste. I would recommend checking them out as an alternative http://www.drinkstack.com.

4. We do not advertise our Blanc limé with this low calorie category but actually, it is only 85 calories per 5-ounce serving. Thus lower than Skinny girl or skinny vine.. Should we renamed it Skinny limé?

5. maryanne wallace says:

I need to know the best tasting lowest calorie and suger wine my boyfriend has, me hooked on Moscato Gallo so if I could find something less calories but comparing in taste I’d be so happy so any thing you could tell me so I can watch my calories suger and pocket book please respond asap!

6. I love a red zinfandel, but I have been packing on the pounds, I am ready to watch my calories and carbs. what are the best wines, dry or in between (prefer inbetween) to cut a lot of calories. I think I read dry wines are lower in sugar? Please advise. I appreciate a response. Thanks.

7. Adam steve says:

I would never recommend low calorie alcoholic drinks to anyone because alcohol itself is a problem to the society.

8. Barbara Moyer says:

It’s not just the calories. It’s about the lower alcohol content. Lower alcohol content means enjoyment without getting the heavy 12.5-14.5% alcohol content.

Job vacancies

Deadline : 25th August 2017

Global Chardonnay Masters 2017

Deadline : 1st September 2017

The Global Sauvignon Blanc Masters 2017

Deadline : 1st September 2017

The Global Rosé Masters 2017

With wines from the palest of pink to almost ruby red, bone dry to almost cloyingly sweet, reductively handled to barrel-aged, as well as gently spritzy to fully sparkling.

The Global Organic Masters 2017

The drinks business is thrilled to announce the launch of The Global Organic Masters

The Drinks Business Awards 2017

Now in its 15th year, the db awards have become the most authoritative, internationally respected badge of achievement in the alcoholic drinks industry.

The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters 2017

the drinks business Hong Kong announces its first year of The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters.