Jancis Robinson to launch wine glass ‘in response to an everyday frustration’

The Old Wine Decanter

What they say:This bottle-shaped decanter allows you to decant a mature wine off its sediment whilst ensuring that it is not exposed to too much harmful oxygen. The refined shape follows the form of the 1 Glass and the beautiful mouth blown stopper adds an element of contemporary design to your table.”

13 Responses to “Jancis Robinson to launch wine glass ‘in response to an everyday frustration’”

1. Peter Arnold says:

What a load of bollocks!!

2. Charles Crawfurd says:

Glad she has stipulated it must fit in a dishwsher! Look forward to learning the price!

3. Patrick Schmitt says:

Prices now obtained, and added to the story – but they are as follows in the UK:
    Wine glass set of 2, £70
    Wine glass set of 6, £200
    Water glass set of 2, £50
    Water glass set of 6, £150
    Old wine decanter with stopper, £125
    Water carafe, £95
    Young wine decanter, £100

• Hello Partrick, there are places that are less expensive and sell quality products. At least my experience dealing with Ascot wholesale was good. I think you must give a visit at their online store.

4. Ces verres fonctionnent-ils avec le champagne ?

5. Graham Sherwood says:

Well it was all going so well, after all that Reidel varietal grape wine glass twaddle, finally someone who agrees one glass can do everything.
    However, there is absolutely NO need for two different decanters. JR has certainly shot herself in the foot with these two. The bottle-shaped one
    will do both jobs perfectly. Perhaps there was not enough commercial clout with only one in this small range.

A further comment on the thoroughly researched shape of the wine glass. I am sure something incredibly similar is already on sale in John Lewis I think.

• C says:

JL not so give, by a country mile. Think you’re going to struggle to do better at the price. Totally disagree that the tall decanter is equally suited to wines that want aeration, btw.

• Completely agree with you. One simple but elegant decanter that is easy to wash. Having battled with my Riedel decanter every time – however beautiful it might be I hate using it, I am going in search. But it won’t be one of these…..

6. Winer says:

Is it just me, or is this a blatant rip-off of ANDREA Robinson’s “ONE” glass line?

7. Alistair says:

I reckon the stems should be shorter – the glass shape looks great – can’t see the point in a long stem… particularly with the desire to go in a dishwasher!

8. Benjamin says:

Gabriel Glas did something like this ages ago, and I’m sure there were other before that too.
    I’ve had a couple of Gabriel’s for a few years and use them for everything, including a few cocktails (Negronis and alike).

9. I I like drink Business keep me updated on you development

10. Good for her! I like the designs a lot. I assume they would be more for home use though, I wouldn’t imagine they would be very durable within the hospitality trade. Or perhaps I am wrong. Might have to get some.