db’s second pressings
the drinks business presents this week’s round up of wine, beer, spirits and other related news items.
Click through our highlights from news sites and social media across the world.
- The Guardian explores how rosé became the ‘booze of choice for millennials.’
- The Times talks to tennis star Tim Henman about the joys of wine.
- Why are southern French wine producers so angry? The Guardian investigates…
- Unearthing California’s pre-Prohibition wine roots in Napa, Sonoma and the Bay area.
- The Standard reveals that you can now go diving on an underwater winery tour in Croatia.
- The Atlantic reveals how a Catalan winery is resurrecting the ancient wines that can survive climate change.
- Introducing the new frozen phenomenon: the friesling.
- Airline Emirates are investigating a ‘Champagne incident’ recorded caught on camera.
- A priest has won the top award for best home-brew beer in the USA.
- A pop-up kitchen in Glasgow is set to host a ‘Doggy Fun Day’ with food and beer for your four-legged friend.
- Sodastream is looking to make a beer partnership.
- Total Ales‘ Matthew Curtis reveals that Burning Sky is pulling its beers from BrewDog bars over its punk ideology.
- Stone Brewing co-founder Greg Kock explains why he’s against ‘big beer.’
- The US state of Tennessee wants to export its beer to make up for the losses suffered due to liquor shop closures.
- A semi-trailer truck spilt 42,100 pounds of beer on the Wolf Creek Pass.
- The Spirits Business list the world’s top 10 best selling spirits brands.
- Tarquin’s is expanding its portfolio with the release of a blackberry gin.
- A Baton Rouge law firm secured a $20 million verdict against a group of executives – including the billionaire founder of Patron Tequila – for a fraud scheme involving an oil and gas support company.
- The Spirits Business takes a look at the top 10 spirits brands on social media.
- Skyy Vodka appears to troll Trump with a Russia quip on a billboard in Atlantic City.
- Stock Spirits has bought a 25% stake in Dublin Liberties Distillery.
- Whisky hunters Rare Whisky 1010 hope to rescue £1 million casks.
- A range of beer jams has been launched in Toronto including a ‘robust porter beer jelly’
- Lidl is selling ‘Bitterol’ – an Aperol look-a-like – for half the price, reports The Standard.
- A Brooklyn cocktail bar angers locals with fake bullet holes and wine served in plastic bags.
- Rajasthan is to become the first Indian state to make date palm wine.
- A study has revealed that Scotland is a nation of premium drinkers.
- Is it possible to get booze on India’s highways despite the ban?
- The Morning Advertiser reports how the first wave of UK pubs are closing due to spiralling business rates.