Top 10: Where are they now?

31st March, 2014 by Lauren Eads

Watneys Party 7

The impossible to open Watney’s Party Seven draught bitter was a staple requirement of any UK party throughout the 1970s. The tin held an impressive seven pints but disappeared from production in the 1980s.

Launched in the 1960s, Watney’s Party Seven was brewed by Watney Combe & Reid, a successful London brewery which reached its peak in the 1930s. The smaller Party Four (four pints in a can) had been available for sometime before the Party Seven was launched in 1968.

Its demise was accelerated by the arrival of plastic bottles and ring-pull six-packs.

….

Continue reading

Get unlimited access to The Drinks Business, from just £10.75 per month

Join The Drinks Business
Already a subscriber?

12 Responses to “Top 10: Where are they now?”

1. John Morgan says:

What about….
    Two Dogs Alcoholic Lemonade
    Hooch
    Black Tower Lieb
    Baton

2. Guanjuatogal says:

When I used to be a bartender many moons ago, we used to run mini competitions behind the bar to gauge which beverage did the best job of cleaning up our loose change. Drop a 2 pence piece into a glass of Hofmeister and see how fast it gets clean. Comes up lovely!

3. David says:

Vodka Mudshake. Was sold here in 2001 to 2005 then it vanished Guess what its back I bought some at Bargain Booze they have Chocolate Caramel and Strawberry fantastic 🙂

4. Leslie from Phoenix AZ USA says:

As a kid in the late 60’s my family toured the wine country of SA. I fell in live with Borossa Pearl. I found it once at the grocery store in Corvaillis Oregon in the mid 70’s for $1 a bottle and thought I’d hit the jackpot. I am not a wine drinker now but would be if I had a supply of Borossa Pearl.

5. Ever had Champagne mixed with Ripple?
    I call it “Champipple”!

6. Don’t know about being a best-selling wine in the 1980s, my friend and I drank it many years earlier than this and used to joke we were responsible for its popuilarity!

7. MLnelson says:

Anyone know what happened to Brass Monkey? I drank it in the late 70’s. Can’t find it anywhere.

8. Ken says:

Are Micky’s Big Mouth’s still around?

9. Gordon says:

What about Blue Nunn it was big in the 70’s into the 80’s.

10. Joe Esquibel says:

For some reason I’m thinking Remo? Was that a cheap wine in the 60’s and 70’s?

11. Tony says:

My dad and us round nan and granddads at xmas .dad opened p 7 hit the ceiling beer every were dad dropped the can on his toe

12. Gordi says:

Anyone remember Colt 45 or Breaker from the 70s/80s?