Watch: Champagne bottle explodes as man tries to show-off sabering skills

A man was left red-faced after his attempt at sabrage didn’t exactly go to plan, with the bottle exploding all over him as he tried to remove the cork with a knife.

The man was attempting to open the bottle of fizz with what appears to be a kitchen knife in front of a group of guests.

When his first attempt didn’t proved successful, he tried again a bit too vigorously. The bottle exploded all over him, showering him with Champagne.

The incident bears similarities to one earlier this year when a man in nightclub spent £30,000 on a Jeroboam of Champagne. Opening the bottle in front of cheering crowds, the man then proceeded to drop the bottle and spill virtually all of its contents on the floor. You can watch the video here. 

It’s worth reiterating that Champagne bottles should be opened with care. In January this year, a Danish man was left in a coma after a bottle of fizz exploded between his legs as he tried to open it. 

While Champagne-related injuries are rare, they are most commonly caused by dislodging of a cork at high speed rather than shattered glass.

Champagne bottles contain pressure as high as 90 pounds per square inch – more than the pressure found inside a typical car tire.

Read more: 

TOP SEVEN CHAMPAGNE FAILS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to our newsletters