50 Cent launches $1,000 Champagne ‘for winners only’

American rapper 50 Cent has launched his own brand of Champagne “for winners only” with a gold-plated cross on every bottle and a blanc de blancs costing $1,000.

Le Chemin du Roi rosé was launched in Atlanta last night with a retail price of more than $300

The Champagne was unveiled at a party in Atlanta last night following a US-based soft launch in April.

Called Le Chemin du Roi, meaning ‘the king’s path’, each bottle features a 14 karat gold-plated emblem resembling the king chess piece.

The range comprises a brut, rosé and blanc de blancs, retailing for $199, $325 and $999 respectively, although only the pink Champagne has been released so far.

Source of the fizz is Reims-based Champagne Castelnau, which is owned by the Coopérative Régionale des Vins de Champagne (CRVC).

This is not the first time this cooperative has produced a pricy fizz for a celebrity, having been the supplier of the sparkling wine for Angel – the Champagne brand from American singer Mariah Carey.

Launched in 2010, it was priced at $1,000 for a brut NV, making it the most expensive example of its type in the history of Champagne. However, it has since been withdrawn from the market.

As for 50 cent, this is not his first foray into drinks branding. The rapper forged a partnership with the Holland-based Effen vodka in 2015, taking a minority stake in the company and promoting it on social media and in his song lyrics.

Although he was rumoured to have sold his stake in the company last year for $60m, the news was later denied by Effen’s owner, Beam Suntory.

Champagne is no stranger to celebrity endorsement, although brand ownership by famous figures is rare.

However, American rapper Jay-Z has owned Armand de Brignac Champagne for the past four years, having bought it from Sovereign Brands in 2014.

Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter had already been an advocate of the brand, produced by Champagne Cattier, stretching back to the Champagne’s launch in 2006 when bottles of it appeared in his music video for the single Show Me What You Got.

db was the first to break news that Champagne De Venoge might create a cuvée in partnership with R&B singer Usher after he expressed a fondness for the brand, although we were later told by the brand that nothing was agreed.

Le Chemin du Roi is described as an “exclusive project” with Sire Spirits in the USA, and will initially be distributed in the country by Southern Wine and Spirits.

On his Instagram feed 50 Cent stated that the Champagne is “for winners only”.

Champagne Castelnau’s own range of fizz is priced from £25 to £85 for its prestige cuvée, called Hors Catégorie.

JAY-Z BUYS ARMAND DE BRIGNAC CHAMPAGNE

CHAMPAGNE PLANS PARTNERSHIP WITH USHER

SEVEN REASONS WHY RAPPERS SHOULDN’T PIMP DRINKS BRANDS

50 Cent, who was christened Curtis James Jackson III, launched his Champagne brand in Atlanta on 30 August. He is believed to have a net worth of more than $155m

9 Responses to “50 Cent launches $1,000 Champagne ‘for winners only’”

1. Marcie says:

I would to love to get a bottle

2. Just watch you on Steven Colbert great job. Always been a Fan

3. Larry Evans says:

50 Cent, I Larry Evans watched you on The Late Late Show
    On 1-11-19, where you (50 Cent) and James Gorden toasted the Le Chemin Du Roi Chanpane,
    and I thought wow it would be a dream come true and an honor if you could send me a bottle of your Le Chemin Du To Chanpane for my 67th birthday on January 16. If so e-mail me at thelordismyshepherd9112@yahoo.com requesting my mailing address.

4. Sonia Calderon says:

I reside in Miami, Florida and would really like to purchase a bottle, but I haven’t found where I can purchase for a Wedding I am going to attend. Can you please advise where I can purchase or where I can order on line.

5. 75 Cent says:

Anybody that thinks that 50cent knows anything about making champagne must also think that 50cent is qualified to be an astronaut on the Mars Space Mission…

. But then as the old adage states….”A fool and his money are soon Parted!!!…Mark

6. JWhite4517 says:

What up 50 I was in Atlanta that night but was unable to attend the party cause I was working. Now that I’m a business owner I can enjoy my Le Chemin du roi I just bought. I’ve been a fan since Rowdy dropped on the In Too Deep Soundtrack. Your business moves have inspired me to want better not only for me but for my family as well. Thanks for making a beverage for winners to celebrate being victorious.

7. Cliff Curtis Moleane says:

Hi it’s Cliff Curtis Moleane from, South Africa I’m a 50 Cent fan since he has worked with G-Unit and worked on your Solo project and I know that you have strong support base here in S.A. and I would appreciate to push you Champagne Le Chemin Du Roi in the South African Market.

Kind Regards Cliff Curtis.

8. Xolani says:

Hi is Xolani from South Africa and I follow you from 2000 and till now you big up good work my granny like to say you can born poor but die rich I see you rich bro and it make me feel good when I watch your video in YouTube talking abt money and that tell as in hard work the good thing’s we going to support you and I will like to learn from you tell me what keep you goin mybe you should write book so we can learn from you don’t die with this gift God give you thanks you Xolani from South Africa