US man shocked to find a snake in his beer
4th September, 2013 by Andy Young
A man in the US got more than he bargained for when he bought a case of Bud Light, and found a snake in the box.
Fortunately for Marcus Forson from Texas the snake was dead, so he managed to avoid any injury.
Forson told local TV station KTRK that when he first opened the box he put his hand in and his fingers closed around the snake’s head, “I pulled my hand back and pulled out the snake.”
He added that he thought he had been the victim of a practical joke and that his wife had put a rubber snake in with his beers, but he soon realised that it was real.
Unfortunately for Forson, the snake had been in the box for some time and the smell rendered the beer undrinkable.
He said: “There was no way I was going to drink the beer because it stunk bad. The snake was dead and it had been in there a while and it was freezing cold.”
He told the reporter that he had contacted Budweiser about the snake, saying that the company were “extremely gracious” about the situation. The brewer compensated him, apologised and explained that the snake must have crawled into the box in one of its warehouses.