A beer a day helps keep kidney stones away

18th June, 2013 by Andy Young

A new study published in the Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology has found that certain beverages can increase a person’s chance of developing kidney stones.

The study found that daily doses of sugar-sweetened drinks can increase the chance of developing kidney stones, while other beverages can help to reduce the risk of developing the condition.

The study looked at data on over 190,000 adults, mostly middle-aged, who had never had kidney stones. Over an eight-year timespan 4,462 developed the stones and those who drank the most sugar-sweetened beverages were the most likely to find themselves with kidney stones.

The Washington Post reported that those who drank one or more sugar-sweetened colas a day had a 23% higher risk than those who drank….

Continue reading

Get unlimited access to The Drinks Business, from just £10.75 per month

Join The Drinks Business
Already a subscriber?

10 Responses to “A beer a day helps keep kidney stones away”

1. Gibson Kalenga says:

I am a man aged 53 living in Zambia, Central Africa.I was diagnosed with kidney stones, and they are two in number, one in the kidney and the other one in the ureter. Doctors have told me no medicine can dissolve the stones, apart from surgery. Please help because i have tried different medications but all have not solved the problem. I will be grateful.
    Thanks
    Gibson

2. Kori says:

Eat pineapple every morning before breakfast

3. saviour says:

Hi,

I’m not a doctor but drink beer aggressively for the next three years. I believe that should dissolve your stones.

Regards

4. Jennifer says:

I also have the same problem as you. So I decided to find out from some of my friends what could I possible take to flush it out.
    Try fresh lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil ( Organic). Make this mixture by using about 2 table spoons of each in about 4 glasses of water
    and drink every 1 hour. I will be trying the same

5. Sumit says:

Go to doctor make a surgery.
    Easiest way.

Start drinking too much water 3 ltrs in a day.

6. Bobbie says:

Try CHANCA PIEDRA (that might not be perfect spelling). It is available at health food stores and health food section in grocery stores. CHANCA PIEDRA means STONE POUNDER. it’s a natural remedy that dissolves kidney stones. Also the beer a day does work. I had one kidney that my doc said “is chock full of kidney stones” and he recommended one beer a day. A couple of months later I had another X-ray done and it looked like pacman had taken a bit out of each stone! The beer was working! Then I learned about the CHANCA PIEDRA and because I don’t like beer I tried the PIEDRA. I also used apple cider vinigar and drink plenty of water. No more problems with kidney stones! 🙂

7. Make a mixture of 75 percent lemon juice and 25 percent water. Do not add sugar. And use real lemons. Drink this mixture several times a day for your entire life.

8. Susan says:

Blend fresh lemon juice and fresh parsley with a bottle glass of water. You can add cucumber two. All three help dissolve stones and purify hou kidneys and liver

9. Vivan says:

I had also suffered from kidney stones. But the Doctor doesn’t suggest to drink Beer. Beer is also good to dissolve the kidney stones. Rather than beer, I drunk lots of water, lemon juice and pineapple juice. All these help to dissolve kidney stones.

10. sue says: