The DB Asian Awards
ASIA IS DEFINED AS MARKETS WITHIN ASIA PACIFIC, INCLUDING AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND.
Entry Deadline: 1st April 2023
Supporting Materials: 1st April 2023
Entry Fee: HKD 2,000 and HKD 1,700 for additional entries
Ceremony Venue: TBC
Ceremony Date: TBC
Best Drinks Company of the Year
(Wine, Spirits & Beer)
- This is the most coveted award in Asia. Under scrutiny: your business development and diversification, sales/profit growth, employee management, new product development, market penetration, brand development and corporate responsibility… line up brand owners, agents and producers, it could be you!
Best Retail Award
(Wine, Spirits & Beer)
- The winner of this award will have no equal and will define excellence in drinks retailing during the year. You will have achieved significant sales growth in your respective Asian market(s) and will have an impressive display of value and range for your customers.
On-trade Supplier of the Year
- Judges will take into account the recommendation and opinion of customers and look for evidence in high standards of service, including 24 hour delivery, flexibility and adaptability to the strains of the restaurant and hotel business. They will also award on-trade suppliers on the quality of their range and pricing, plus attention to environmental issues in a high carbon impact business model.
Best Online Retailer
- Do you know how to make the most of the world wide web? We’re looking for an online drinks operator who has a brilliant range, appealing site design, novel selling techniques and a loyal customer base. Judges will be looking for proof of profitable performance over the last 12 months in Asia, evidence of a growing database of repeat users, brand recognition and geographical reach.
Fine Wine Retailer of the Year
- This award recognises top sales and profit performance amongst fine wine retailers who specialise in selling wines priced at HK$ 300+ both in-store and online, to Asian consumers. Judges will be looking for information that illustrates diversity of wine regions, unequalled specialisation in given regions, excellence in customer service and education, quality of wine tastings and dinners.
Green Company of the Year
- Are you pushing new boundaries in sustainable, organic and environmentally friendly practices? Whether you are eliminating your carbon footprint or prioritising eco-friendly products, this award recognises companies that have gone above and beyond to make their business eco-friendly. The winning company will demonstrate a commitment to green business in their long-term planning, but demonstrate tangible initiatives and progress over the last 12 months to reach those goals.
Best Drinks Event
- This category is designed to encompass a range of events, from annual tastings by companies or generics, to exhibitions, masterclasses or seminars, that happened in Asia.
- To succeed in this category please clearly illustrate what made your event successful (include both physical and virtual events). This should include an explanation of the initial concept, how it was planned and promoted, what it set out to achieve before clearly stating the results. To help us ascertain the level of success, please include visitor numbers, attendee feedback and revenues generated. Ideally, the entry should include a summary of the aims, the timeline, the costs, and, most importantly, the results, all expressed succinctly in an initial awards pitch.
(Wine, Spirits & Beer)
- This category recognises campaign success across the industry. Open to trade or consumer campaigns, the award will recognise your creativity, innovation and execution that hit key targets with a well-placed strategy. Whether that is advertising and PR that has every buyer in town to talking, or eye-catching brands and activations that have consumers fighting in the aisles, you could be our next winner of Best Campaign.
- This award recognises both launches and re-launches in Asia. Judges expect distinction in PR, advertising, consumer research, revived design and packaging, as well as improved supply chain management and increased store listings.
Best Social Media Campaign
- Social Media is now an essential part of virtually every successful marketing campaign. This category recognizes the success of marketing campaigns in Asia based on social media. Your entry can be based on a campaign that was solely built around social media activity, or you can highlight how social media formed a crucial part of a larger marketing campaign that used a range of promotional techniques. To succeed in this category, please supply qualitative and quantitative evidence to illustrate the achievements of this campaign. Ideally, the entry should include a summary of the aims, the timeline, the costs, and, most importantly, the results, all expressed succinctly in an initial awards pitch.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Lifetime Achievement Award recognises an outstanding and inspirational figure in the drinks industry, whose enduring contribution spans a whole career.