Close Menu

Prosecco DOC Consortium appoints new president

Giancarlo Guidolin, president of Cantina Viticoltori Ponte and council member of the consortium since its founding, will lead the Prosecco DOC Denomination for the next three years.

Prosecco DOC Consortium appoints new president

The Prosecco DOC Consortium has released a statement announcing Guidolin as its new president, after what it called “recent speculations” about the board of directors.

Guidolin was appointed following a unanimous decision. He will be supported by three newly-announced vice presidents: Alessandro Botter, Giangiacomo Gallarati Scotti Bonaldi, and Mattia Mattiuzzo.

“There’s not much to say,” remarked Guidolin of his new role. “It’s all about hard work.”

He said the commitment to the role “will continue the unprecedented achievements made in recent years in the history of enology”.

The DOC produced 616 million bottles of Prosecco in 2023. Of these, 18.8% were consumed in Italy, while the remaining 81.2% were exported, with the US, UK, Germany, and France as the primary markets.

The consortium’s new president thanked Stefano Zanette, his predecessor, “with whom we have shared the journey that has brought us to today”.

“I also want to extend a heartfelt thank you to the Boards of Directors that have succeeded each other since the Consortium’s inception, for creating the conditions for Prosecco DOC to become the reality we now see before us,” he said.

Guidolin’s goal over the next three years will be to “consolidate the results achieved so far” with a primary focus on “enhancing the perception of the denomination and strengthening the product-territory connection”.

“Our priorities,” Guidolin concluded, “aligned with the expectations of the entire supply chain, including grape growers and bottlers who have contributed to the success of this denomination, continue to be: maintaining production quality, ensuring sustainability, and focusing on consumers and the local communities to which we are deeply connected.”

The list of new appointments is as follows:

Giancarlo Guidolin

Vice Presidents:
Alessandro Botter
Giangiacomo Gallarati Scotti Bonaldi
Mattia Mattiuzzo

Members of the Presidential Committee:
Alessio Del Savio
Pierclaudio De Martin
Franco Passador
Giorgio Serena

It looks like you're in Asia, would you like to be redirected to the Drinks Business Asia edition?

Yes, take me to the Asia edition No