The top 10 most expensive wines

4th September, 2013 by Andy Young

7. Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Montrachet Grand Cru

The Montrachet vineyard is often considered to be the jewel in the crown of Burgundy’s white wines and is widely regarded as one of the finest expressions of the Chardonnay grape in the world.

It is perhaps surprising that Domaine de la Romanée-Conti is only seventh on this list, but WineSearcher lists the average price at $4,682 (£3,000), with a maximum price of $13,697 (£8,777). The most expensive bottle currently on WineSearcher is a 2008 at £2,580.

….

Continue reading

Get unlimited access to The Drinks Business, from just £10.75 per month

Join The Drinks Business
Already a subscriber?

16 Responses to “The top 10 most expensive wines”

1. Marlene Rossman says:

Why must I go from page to page wasting precious time. Why can’t you list these on one page?

2. Michael Johnson says:

I couldn’t agree with Marlene more. I hate these lists that drag it out page by page. I got fed up with number 6 and went no further

3. Ralph says:

why lists not scroll down?
    because the site will get more “page impressions”
    google it

4. Eben Esterhuyse says:

Even though it was a bit time consuming to go thru page after page, it was still quite interesting to go thru them all. How I would love to taste these wines. After all, that is what its all about.

5. hokage jp says:

any comments on the wines? lol

6. Adam says:

OK, I’ll be a buzzkill – Some people are starving to death in the world. Some people can’t afford the meds necessary to stay alive. Some people can’t afford to keep a roof over their heads.

And some people pay tens of thousands of dollars for a bottle of wine.

nice.

• groucho says:

ok, I get all the emotions. Are you suggesting that poor people shouldnt have a good taste in Wine? LOL!!!

7. Voncherio Carancho says:

Last holidays I payed $17,200 for a bottle of 1959, in 2011 I donated $50,000 to help feed hunger in less fortunate countries. I am some people.

• Anonymous says:

No your just retarded, for paying that much for a bottle of alcohol. Anyways most charity contributions do not go toward the advertised cause. Look up pink ribbon foundation or salvation army. They make no progress and only use a fraction toward their cause.

8. dean corso says:

Looks more like an infomercial for Henri Jayer.

9. Excellent article, it’s amazing that there’s so many Burgundy wines in there.