You are currently viewing the International Edition. You can also switch to the Hong Kong Edition.
Thursday 23 October 2014

Diner severely burned in alcohol fireball

4th September, 2014 by Lauren Eads

Horrific CCTV shows the moment a waitress accidentally turned a bottle of alcohol into a flamethrower engulfing a female diner in flames.

In the video an 18-year-old waitress is seen adding more methylated spirits to a miniature table top grill when the liquid suddenly ignites throwing a fireball across the table and engulfing the unsuspecting diners.

The full video, which we decided not to publish due to its graphic content, shows the woman drop to the floor in flames while her boyfriend takes off his shirt and attempts to put out the flames.

Amazingly the young woman, while severely burned, survived the horrific ordeal, while the man in the video suffered only minor injuries.

The incident happened at a restaurant in Wenzhou south of Shanghai, as reported by 9news.com.au. 

fire2 fire3

fire

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

If that's interesting, how about these?