Top 10 most expensive empty bottles

30th June, 2014 by Neal Baker

Prepare to rustle through your recycling bin, as we reveal what the most expensive empty bottles are currently looking to fetch online.

One man's rubbish...

If it hasn’t gone in the bin, it’s had a cheap candle deface its label with wax or incense sticks arranged in it’s neck never to see a flame.

For most of us, these have been the only conceivable fates for empty bottles and cans after they have been emptied of their more precious cargo — until now.

Take a look at these eye-watering empties and see just how much one man’s trash can be another man’s treasure…

All images courtesy of eBay

Pinterest

12 Responses to “Top 10 most expensive empty bottles”

1. I’d dare argue that some of these bottles gets refilled and sold again – fakers have, sadly, also entered this market long ago

2. I will keep an eye out for these treasures!

3. I have a gallon bottle of Courvoisier (empty of course!) but it is shaped totally differently – like an old gallon jug, but without the handle. I tried to find out when it was made, or any other etcetera about it, but was unable to do so. Any thoughts – anyone? Incidentally, I payed $125 for it when it was full about ten years ago. It was completely dust covered at that time.

4. pierre Nortje says:

I have a green wine botle still seald with wine ,it is long and shaped like a woman and was botled in italia it is pricipe wine is it worth any thing
    Thanks
    Pierre

5. Mario says:

I wonder if you can help me I have an empty 9 litre champagne Pierre jouet was la Belle Époque cuvée , with a luxurious illuminated case , what sort of value would these item have?

6. Jackie says:

Hi if you are interested in selling it, I would pay you £50 for it, it would be a brilliant present for my daughter who collects coins.

7. Dorji says:

I have bottle that continually give bubbles like when we open beer and when i kept with cool water filled n marked the water level n kept in the sun after two to three hrs i found water level in the bottle rise by three to four mm and when i kept same in dark place i found water level dropped by same level from were i fell up …any comment to this

8. ron says:

I have a cross legged Indian bottle blue from early 1800s, any idea what its worth.

9. Kim says:

I would like to know how much does Porifidio with green cactus inside empty bottle 750 ml worth? I know they are collectors items but i havent found much information about the value.

10. Gary says:

Any feedback appreciated. I have a few very unique bottles of wine, unopened, and.I’d like to take pics and see if anyone is interested in buying. Is there a platform of some sort that would be best. One bottle is a bottle of Moet White Star Moet & Chandon from France. Thanks,

Gary

11. Wade .w says:

I have a 1979 brut champagne gossip bottle 15 L gold plated with gold top Lid. Lable reads on it 1886 to 1986 Centennial of the Statue of Liberty. apparently these are hard to find and worth something??

12. collins machanga says:

this champagne bottles a more worth and hard to cruck and its someone treasure