Top 10 most expensive empty bottles

30th June, 2014 by Neal Baker

Prepare to rustle through your recycling bin, as we reveal what the most expensive empty bottles are currently looking to fetch online.

One man's rubbish...

If it hasn’t gone in the bin, it’s had a cheap candle deface its label with wax or incense sticks arranged in it’s neck never to see a flame.

For most of us, these have been the only conceivable fates for empty bottles and cans after they have been emptied of their more precious cargo — until now.

Take a look at these eye-watering empties and see just how much one man’s trash can be another man’s treasure…

All images courtesy of eBay

38 Responses to “Top 10 most expensive empty bottles”

1. I’d dare argue that some of these bottles gets refilled and sold again – fakers have, sadly, also entered this market long ago

2. I will keep an eye out for these treasures!

3. I have a gallon bottle of Courvoisier (empty of course!) but it is shaped totally differently – like an old gallon jug, but without the handle. I tried to find out when it was made, or any other etcetera about it, but was unable to do so. Any thoughts – anyone? Incidentally, I payed $125 for it when it was full about ten years ago. It was completely dust covered at that time.

4. pierre Nortje says:

I have a green wine botle still seald with wine ,it is long and shaped like a woman and was botled in italia it is pricipe wine is it worth any thing
    Thanks
    Pierre

5. Mario says:

I wonder if you can help me I have an empty 9 litre champagne Pierre jouet was la Belle Époque cuvée , with a luxurious illuminated case , what sort of value would these item have?

6. Jackie says:

Hi if you are interested in selling it, I would pay you £50 for it, it would be a brilliant present for my daughter who collects coins.

7. Dorji says:

I have bottle that continually give bubbles like when we open beer and when i kept with cool water filled n marked the water level n kept in the sun after two to three hrs i found water level in the bottle rise by three to four mm and when i kept same in dark place i found water level dropped by same level from were i fell up …any comment to this

8. ron says:

I have a cross legged Indian bottle blue from early 1800s, any idea what its worth.

9. Kim says:

I would like to know how much does Porifidio with green cactus inside empty bottle 750 ml worth? I know they are collectors items but i havent found much information about the value.

10. Gary says:

Any feedback appreciated. I have a few very unique bottles of wine, unopened, and.I’d like to take pics and see if anyone is interested in buying. Is there a platform of some sort that would be best. One bottle is a bottle of Moet White Star Moet & Chandon from France. Thanks,

Gary

11. Wade .w says:

I have a 1979 brut champagne gossip bottle 15 L gold plated with gold top Lid. Lable reads on it 1886 to 1986 Centennial of the Statue of Liberty. apparently these are hard to find and worth something??

12. collins machanga says:

this champagne bottles a more worth and hard to cruck and its someone treasure

13. Steve says:

I have an empty, but refoiled, balthazar size btl from Bollinger Special Cuvee. Is there an intetest for these bottles?

14. pam says:

I have coke and pepsi vintage bottles

15. jay says:

i have 20 plus empty ciroc bottles if anyone want’s them they arw 70 cl and 1 L bottles. email me jaytrade27@gmail.com

16. LARRY J REESE says:

I have a 3 liter bottle that is shaped to look like an old rifle that is 3 foot approximately eight and a half inches long from the Toscano product of Italy red table 1987 I’m wondering a value. It is in excellent condition complete with the original cork labels are in perfect condition also. Bottom label is imported from Italy by Stuart Hill Incorporated from Edison New Jersey.

17. Terri says:

How much would a bottle of L’Or de Jean Martell (empty) fetch? Any takers?

18. Lisa Cuellar says:

I have more than 80 empty patron silver bottles all sizes one collectors limited edition bottle…..

19. Mary Schoenhofer says:

I have a 1947 brolio Green Glass bottle. Bottled in Florence Italy red Chianti wine. Cork is still intact unfortunately the wine has evaporated out there is just residue sitting in the bottom. Any idea what this is worth ? It has a round bottom and is only about 6 inches tall labels are all in good condition.

20. Helen Ann Drew says:

Hi I have an empty bottle and box of Armand de Brignac .
    Gold Ace Of Spades Bottle 750ml
    REIMS, FRANCE-EDITION LIMITEE
    Black Box
    I am wondering what I could sell it for.

21. Donna says:

I have empty dark green “Extra Sec” champagne/wine/liquor bottle Pierre Ruenart (Ruinart) Reims, Paris the Ruenart has 2 dots above letter e. It appears 120 yrs old according the label still intact with handwriting on label 1897 to be drank with Will Jensen & L B Wilson 1907

22. Dynella Turner says:

I have a box and bottle in mint condition its called armand de brignac it also has the book. Cold nottle limited edition brut750ml what do you think this is worth

23. Kim says:

I have a 1970 very tall bottle of Chianti with the wine still in it and a hanging straw cork to put on it after it would be opened. the wine has long since expired, but wondering if this is a collectible bottle, it is really cool.

24. Carol Mathews says:

I have an old Cetti chianti 1930 bottle never opened ( never stored properly so wine is bad I assume.) It’s in traditional wicker bottom.

It says Cetti, product of Italy,verdiana cetti, Firenze. Italy.

What could it be worth

25. Sam Azzi says:

What would an empty bottle of Remy Martin Louis XIII, Grande Champagne Cognac be worth. Still in it’s original case.

26. Sepp says:

I have an empty 15l armand de Brignac bottle at home,
    If you are interested contact me 🙂

27. Camri says:

I have a bottle from Las Vegas New Years if the gold aces of spades how much could I sell it for it’s the big bottle

28. Ann Boniface says:

I have a large dark green wine bottle eched with gold writing ” RELAIS AND CHATEAUX. HÕTELLERIE DU BAS-BRÈAU ” it has a label on it for Pouilly Fume 375 ml . I have had it for almost 21 years . Has it any worth ??

29. Ron says:

I have a green liquor bottle in the shape of a man who reflects a holy man with a long beard holding some sort of stick ! I acquired it in Maine USA in 1972 while visiting from Canada ! On the back of the bottle in print it reads ” federal law forbids the sale or reuse of this bottle ” ! Not sure why that would be so ! I wonder at times what this bottle would be worth ! Would you like to see a pic , if so please send me your business address ! Ron

30. Bob Gilbey says:

Can anyone tell me what to do with a collection ( 50plus) of alcopop bottles?
    Politely please.
    Are they worth anything?

31. Kay says:

I have a 6L of Ace of Spades (empty) bottle with the case that I’m looking to sell. I’m not even sure what the price point should be.

32. Daniel Mcdonald says:

I have a 6.5 ounce bottle of Pommery Champagne that I can only guess is from the 20’s or 30’s.
    It’s full. Of any value?

33. Debra says:

2007 empty bottle of Cristal Champagne with
    cork and box, make an offer

34. Jason says:

1888 – 1988 Bundaberg Rum Centenary Empty bottle with top on and in box.
    Make an offer , thanks

35. Billt says:

I have a Macallan Private Eye 35th Anniversary Limited Edition .Empty Bottle.
    Can anyone place a value on this?