Top 10 biggest beer brands

24th September, 2012 by db_staff

We count down the world’s largest beer brands according to case sales and consider their performance over the last year.

Chinese beer brand Snow continues its dominance of the global beer market, although it is showing signs of slowing down.

Coors light is the major mover up the pack, as light beers make a recovery from last year’s declines.

Over the following pages is a brief health check of the world’s 10 biggest beers, complete with their latest news, as well as volume sales figures for 2011 and 2010.

This information first featured in the annual Brands Report by the drinks business, released with the July issue.

9 Responses to “Top 10 biggest beer brands”

1. Freddy says:

please send me empty can or bottle. email to get adddress.

2. George Barror says:

I understand why most of those beers are in the top ten, I prefer a good IPA, I gan get lite beer from my kitchen faucet.

3. Robert says:

The Chinese will start drinking a wider range of beer once the market there has more to offer.

4. neil says:

I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT AS A BEER DRINKER I HAVE NEVER TASTED ONE OF THE RUBBISH THAT WAS ON YOUR LIST. THAT STUFF IS NOT BEER, I WILL SAY NO MORE

5. Dustin Miller says:

I’ve been waiting my whole life to get a case of Miller beer for being named “Miller.” What an awesome day 🙂 used to imply the fact that “my name’s on it, I legally own thast beer.. gimme some!”

6. Bo says:

Hard to believe! In China: Snow is a secundary brand and quality after Tsingdao! something seems incorrect in the reported numbers!

7. Dean Langkilde says:

Yellow fizzy water… All of it.

8. Gebre'Egziabeher says:

Wow, never knew the world had so little knowledge of what good beer is. Budweiser is the worst piece of sh*t “beer” ever brewed & should be illegal as it is a shame even to those Chinese brands whom top the list.

9. ajay says:

Please tell me the name of a beer that does not taste bitter

Job vacancies

Beer Development Specialist

Matthew Clark

Fine Wine Sales Administrator

Davy's Wine Merchants

Business Development Manager - On Trade

FINE+RARE
Central London, GB

Regional Sales Manager

Swallow Associates Ltd
Home Based: North-West England, UK

London Account Manager Role (Full Time)

LITTLE BIRD GIN
Home based with UK travel. , GB

Sales Operations Manager

Bibendum PLB

Digital Marketing Executive (online content & community manager)

Corney & Barrow Limited
London E1W (near Tower Bridge), UK

Store Manager – Premium Drinks

Amathus Drinks PLC

On-Trade Regional Sales Manager

Anthony Byrne Fine Wines
London and the South East, UK

Wine Sales – Northwest England

Gerrard Seel
North West England

Senior On-Trade Sales Manager – English Sparkling Wine Company

COREcruitment
London based with national travel, UK

National Account Manager – RTM – On Trade

COREcruitment
Home based with frequent UK travel

The Global Sparkling Masters 2017

Deadline : 14th June 2017

The Global Syrah Masters 2017

Deadline : 14th June 2017

The Global Malbec Masters 2017

Deadline : 14th June 2017

The Global Beer Masters 2017

Deadline : 1st August 2017

The Drinks Business Awards 2017

Now in its 15th year, the db awards have become the most authoritative, internationally respected badge of achievement in the alcoholic drinks industry.

The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters 2017

the drinks business Hong Kong announces its first year of The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters.

Rioja Masters 2016

Now in its fifth year, the competition will recognise and reward the finest Riojas on the world stage.

Fortified Masters 2016

Now in its third year, The Fortified Masters will reward the best fortified wines on offer.