Top 10 biggest beer brands

24th September, 2012 by db_staff

We count down the world’s largest beer brands according to case sales and consider their performance over the last year.

Chinese beer brand Snow continues its dominance of the global beer market, although it is showing signs of slowing down.

Coors light is the major mover up the pack, as light beers make a recovery from last year’s declines.

Over the following pages is a brief health check of the world’s 10 biggest beers, complete with their latest news, as well as volume sales figures for 2011 and 2010.

This information first featured in the annual Brands Report by the drinks business, released with the July issue.

9 Responses to “Top 10 biggest beer brands”

1. Freddy says:

please send me empty can or bottle. email to get adddress.

2. George Barror says:

I understand why most of those beers are in the top ten, I prefer a good IPA, I gan get lite beer from my kitchen faucet.

3. Robert says:

The Chinese will start drinking a wider range of beer once the market there has more to offer.

4. neil says:

I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT AS A BEER DRINKER I HAVE NEVER TASTED ONE OF THE RUBBISH THAT WAS ON YOUR LIST. THAT STUFF IS NOT BEER, I WILL SAY NO MORE

5. Dustin Miller says:

I’ve been waiting my whole life to get a case of Miller beer for being named “Miller.” What an awesome day 🙂 used to imply the fact that “my name’s on it, I legally own thast beer.. gimme some!”

6. Bo says:

Hard to believe! In China: Snow is a secundary brand and quality after Tsingdao! something seems incorrect in the reported numbers!

7. Dean Langkilde says:

Yellow fizzy water… All of it.

8. Gebre'Egziabeher says:

Wow, never knew the world had so little knowledge of what good beer is. Budweiser is the worst piece of sh*t “beer” ever brewed & should be illegal as it is a shame even to those Chinese brands whom top the list.

9. ajay says:

Please tell me the name of a beer that does not taste bitter

Job vacancies

Deadline : 25th August 2017

The Global Sauvignon Blanc Masters 2017

Deadline : 1st September 2017

Global Chardonnay Masters 2017

Deadline : 8th September 2017

The Global Rosé Masters 2017

With wines from the palest of pink to almost ruby red, bone dry to almost cloyingly sweet, reductively handled to barrel-aged, as well as gently spritzy to fully sparkling.

The Global Organic Masters 2017

The drinks business is thrilled to announce the launch of The Global Organic Masters

The Drinks Business Awards 2017

Now in its 15th year, the db awards have become the most authoritative, internationally respected badge of achievement in the alcoholic drinks industry.

The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters 2017

the drinks business Hong Kong announces its first year of The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters.