The Global Merlot Masters 2024 returns in January
After a successful return, our Merlot-led competition returns to celebrate the best the variety has to offer. Sign up before 22 December for the chance of winning a medal.
Our competition dedicated to the chameleon grape variety returns in January for its second edition.
Still wondering whether you should sign up or not? Allow us to give you our top five reasons to enter the Global Merlot Masters:
- Your wines will be tasted by some of the best palates in the world: our panel of expert judges is comprised solely of Masters of Wine, Master Sommeliers and senior buyers.
- The entries are all tasted blind, removing all regional bias. This allows Merlot from across the globe to be judged purely on style and price. Last year, the medallists spanned six continents, including lesser-known regions from Turkey or Moldova.
- In a crowded and mature market such as wine, our awards are a mark of quality recognised both by consumers and the trade.
- The wines will be divided into price brackets categories, enabling both Netflix-cheese-night and aged-worthy Merlot to be rewarded.
- We are approaching winter, and therefore consumers’ craving for comfy red wines such as Merlot: getting your wine published in the leading magazine for the wine and spirits trade this winter would be good publicity.
Open to any Merlot varietals or blends with at least 50% of Merlot, the Global Merlot Masters aims at identifying the best expressions of this grape variety across the world.
Entries are open for another month and results will be published in the March issue of the drinks business magazine and online.
Ready to shine a light on your Merlot? Enter the competition here before 22 December.
Entries cost: £159 ex VAT
For more information contact: email@example.com