Top 10 biggest beer brands

6. HEINEKEN

Volume 2011: 26 million barrels
Volume 2010: 24.8 million barrels
Change 10-11: +4.8%

2011 ranking: 6

Heineken sold more beer at higher prices in Q3 than a year earlier, helped by stronger African markets and a rebound in Russia, to report increases in volumes and revenue. It is a truly global brand, but the Dutch company warned that lower consumer sentiment in the US and Europe and poor summer weather in the latter would hit second half performance.

Western Europe, which represented just under half of group revenue last year, was the company’s worst-performing region, with consolidated beer volumes falling 1.7%.

However, sales picked up in the latter part of the quarter as sunshine lit up late August and September 2011. It has been a good start to 2012 for the beer giant after it was revealed that James Bond will sip one of their drinks in the movie Skyfall instead of his usual Vodka martini. Net profit was also driven up after Heineken increased its shareholding to a controlling stake in Haiti’s top brewery, Brasserie Nationale d’Haiti.

Brand owner: Heineken International
Head office: Tweede Weteringplantsoen
21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)20 523 92 39
Website: heineken international.com
PR: Heineken Press Centre
+31 (0)20 523 92 39

10 Responses to “Top 10 biggest beer brands”

1. Freddy says:

please send me empty can or bottle. email to get adddress.

2. George Barror says:

I understand why most of those beers are in the top ten, I prefer a good IPA, I gan get lite beer from my kitchen faucet.

3. Robert says:

The Chinese will start drinking a wider range of beer once the market there has more to offer.

4. neil says:

I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT AS A BEER DRINKER I HAVE NEVER TASTED ONE OF THE RUBBISH THAT WAS ON YOUR LIST. THAT STUFF IS NOT BEER, I WILL SAY NO MORE

5. Dustin Miller says:

I’ve been waiting my whole life to get a case of Miller beer for being named “Miller.” What an awesome day 🙂 used to imply the fact that “my name’s on it, I legally own thast beer.. gimme some!”

6. Bo says:

Hard to believe! In China: Snow is a secundary brand and quality after Tsingdao! something seems incorrect in the reported numbers!

7. Dean Langkilde says:

Yellow fizzy water… All of it.

8. Gebre'Egziabeher says:

Wow, never knew the world had so little knowledge of what good beer is. Budweiser is the worst piece of sh*t “beer” ever brewed & should be illegal as it is a shame even to those Chinese brands whom top the list.

9. ajay says:

Please tell me the name of a beer that does not taste bitter

10. LUCKY says: