Top 10 biggest beer brands

5. SKOL

Volume 2011: 29.5 million barrels
Volume 2010: 30.2 million barrels
Change 10-11: -2.3%

2011 ranking: 4

Although still relatively minor in the big  markets of the US, UK and China,Carlsberg has seen growth in its licence area outside Africa and South America.

Unibra holds the licence for Skol in Africa. In terms of marketing, Skol launched a “Get connected with Skol” promotion, which proved popular with social media fans. Skol utilised new a website called Switchcam for a large music festival in Brazil. With its technology you can watch a whole event from multiple camera angles, with a selection of audio tracks. The technology automatically pieces together camera phone footage of events ranging from music concerts to political protests.

Carlsberg believes that the Skol beer brand will grow in strength in key markets despite a slight fall in volume sales in 2011.

Brand owner: Carlsberg Breweries
Head office: 100 Ny Carlsberg Vej
1760, Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel: +45 2298 2185
Website: carlsberggroup.com
Brand manager: David Caffrey
Product range: Skol Premium, Skol 4,
Skol Super, Skol Chopp Claro
PR (UK): Talk PR +44 (0)20 7544 3777

10 Responses to “Top 10 biggest beer brands”

1. Freddy says:

please send me empty can or bottle. email to get adddress.

2. George Barror says:

I understand why most of those beers are in the top ten, I prefer a good IPA, I gan get lite beer from my kitchen faucet.

3. Robert says:

The Chinese will start drinking a wider range of beer once the market there has more to offer.

4. neil says:

I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT AS A BEER DRINKER I HAVE NEVER TASTED ONE OF THE RUBBISH THAT WAS ON YOUR LIST. THAT STUFF IS NOT BEER, I WILL SAY NO MORE

5. Dustin Miller says:

I’ve been waiting my whole life to get a case of Miller beer for being named “Miller.” What an awesome day 🙂 used to imply the fact that “my name’s on it, I legally own thast beer.. gimme some!”

6. Bo says:

Hard to believe! In China: Snow is a secundary brand and quality after Tsingdao! something seems incorrect in the reported numbers!

7. Dean Langkilde says:

Yellow fizzy water… All of it.

8. Gebre'Egziabeher says:

Wow, never knew the world had so little knowledge of what good beer is. Budweiser is the worst piece of sh*t “beer” ever brewed & should be illegal as it is a shame even to those Chinese brands whom top the list.

9. ajay says:

Please tell me the name of a beer that does not taste bitter

10. LUCKY says: