Top 10 biggest beer brands

2. BUD LIGHT

Volume 2011: 45.4 million barrels
Volume 2010: 47.4 million barrels
Change 10-11: -4.4%

2011 ranking: 2

The announcement this year that AB InBev had agreed to buy Corona maker Grupo Modelo is the latest move in a long trend of consolidation in the beer market,

making it increasingly about two giant players: AB InBev and MillerCoors. AB InBev will continue to busy itself with Bud Light, America’s best-selling beer and still a global powerhouse. Earlier in 2012 they launched Bud Light Lime-a- Rita, the latest addition to the growing Bud Light portfolio. Bud Light Lime is an 8% ABV margarita-flavoured drink that meets a growing demand among adult drinkers seeking sweeter alternatives.

Investment in the brand has seen it continue sponsorship deals with USA’s National Hockey League and Major League Baseball. The further small slide this year though means AB InBev needs to continue pushing the brand overseas.

Brand owner: AB InBev
Head office: 1 Busch Place, St Louis,
MO, 63118 USA
Tel: +1 800 342 5283
Website: anheuserbusch.com
President and CEO: August A Busch IV
PR: Trimedia (UK) +44 (0)20 7025 7500

10 Responses to “Top 10 biggest beer brands”

1. Freddy says:

please send me empty can or bottle. email to get adddress.

2. George Barror says:

I understand why most of those beers are in the top ten, I prefer a good IPA, I gan get lite beer from my kitchen faucet.

3. Robert says:

The Chinese will start drinking a wider range of beer once the market there has more to offer.

4. neil says:

I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT AS A BEER DRINKER I HAVE NEVER TASTED ONE OF THE RUBBISH THAT WAS ON YOUR LIST. THAT STUFF IS NOT BEER, I WILL SAY NO MORE

5. Dustin Miller says:

I’ve been waiting my whole life to get a case of Miller beer for being named “Miller.” What an awesome day 🙂 used to imply the fact that “my name’s on it, I legally own thast beer.. gimme some!”

6. Bo says:

Hard to believe! In China: Snow is a secundary brand and quality after Tsingdao! something seems incorrect in the reported numbers!

7. Dean Langkilde says:

Yellow fizzy water… All of it.

8. Gebre'Egziabeher says:

Wow, never knew the world had so little knowledge of what good beer is. Budweiser is the worst piece of sh*t “beer” ever brewed & should be illegal as it is a shame even to those Chinese brands whom top the list.

9. ajay says:

Please tell me the name of a beer that does not taste bitter

10. LUCKY says: