Top 10 biggest beer brands

9. BRAHMA

Volume 2011: 17.4 million barrels
Volume 2010: 18 million barrels
Change 10-11: -3.4%

2011 ranking: 8

The Brahma beer brand still relies heavily on its South American performances to keep its place in this report. Its marketing campaigns are centred around Brazilian culture – coining a new Portuguese word as part of the brand’s Rio Carnival presence, and including a lavish celebrity filled box at the parade. In a TV ad, Jennifer Lopez is thrilled to be invited by Brahma to “sapucar” in Rio. Lopez is seen turning down invitations from international dignitaries, taking samba lessons and learning Portuguese to attend Carnival and drink Brahma on the beach.

Brand owner: AB InBev
Head office: Vaartkom 31, 3000
Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32 16 27 57 73
Website: brahma.com
PR: +32 16 27 67 11
Product range: Brahma Chopp, Brahma
Extra, Brahma Clittawetta, Brahma
Light, Brahma Nublies, Brahma
Malzbier, Brahma Ice, Brahma Black

10 Responses to “Top 10 biggest beer brands”

1. Freddy says:

please send me empty can or bottle. email to get adddress.

2. George Barror says:

I understand why most of those beers are in the top ten, I prefer a good IPA, I gan get lite beer from my kitchen faucet.

3. Robert says:

The Chinese will start drinking a wider range of beer once the market there has more to offer.

4. neil says:

I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT AS A BEER DRINKER I HAVE NEVER TASTED ONE OF THE RUBBISH THAT WAS ON YOUR LIST. THAT STUFF IS NOT BEER, I WILL SAY NO MORE

5. Dustin Miller says:

I’ve been waiting my whole life to get a case of Miller beer for being named “Miller.” What an awesome day 🙂 used to imply the fact that “my name’s on it, I legally own thast beer.. gimme some!”

6. Bo says:

Hard to believe! In China: Snow is a secundary brand and quality after Tsingdao! something seems incorrect in the reported numbers!

7. Dean Langkilde says:

Yellow fizzy water… All of it.

8. Gebre'Egziabeher says:

Wow, never knew the world had so little knowledge of what good beer is. Budweiser is the worst piece of sh*t “beer” ever brewed & should be illegal as it is a shame even to those Chinese brands whom top the list.

9. ajay says:

Please tell me the name of a beer that does not taste bitter

10. LUCKY says: