Jumilla Masterclass – Tuesday 18th April
Explore a range of Jumilla wines at a masterclass hosted by the drinks business Editor-in-Chief Patrick Schmitt MW.
Jumilla is one of the oldest appellations in Spain. The production area stretches from the extreme south-east of Albacete province to the north of Murcia province, an area with strong Mediterranean influence besides its Continental climate.
The main grape variety in Monastrell (aka Mourvèdre and Mataró), which makes up around 70% of the Jumilla PDO vineyard surface area. Its predominance is explained by the nature of the region’s soils and growing conditions and has proved to be the grape variety that has adapted best to the arid climatic conditions.
Jumilla today is making the most of its natural conditions to produce organic and sustainably produced wines with a refined and modern character.
Participants will be able to sample the following wines during the masterclass:
- Bruma del Estrecho Paraje Marín 2021, Bodegas Viña Elena
- Parajes del Valle Monastrell 2021, Parajes del Valle Bodegas y Viñedos
- Altos De Luzón 2020, Bodegas Luzón
- Juan Gil Silver Label 2020, Bodegas Juan Gil
- Torrecastillo El Tobar 2019, Bodegas Torrecastillo
- Inaudita 2021, Doble de Perez Microbodega
- Mainetes Monastrell Crianza 12 Meses 2018, Bodegas San Dionisio
- Gemina Cuvee Selección 2019, Bodegas BSI
- Alceño Selección 2018, Bodegas Alceño
- Casa De La Ermita Parcela Los Pinos Monastrell 2021 Organic, Esencia Wines
When: Tuesday 18th April 10.30am– 12.00pm
Where: ASIA HOUSE, 63 NEW CAVENDISH STREET, LONDON, W1G 7LP
To discover more about Jumilla wines, please register your interest in the masterclass using the link below.
Places are limited and offered on a first come first served basis.
For more information on the tasting please contact: