Manage the relationship and be the main point of contact outside of price discussions with our focus wine suppliers to ensuring that their marketing monies and plans are jointly agreed and then communicated with the business.
- Building and driving the wine agenda to maximise the profit and volume for focus suppliers across all business channels.
- Implement and deliver the sales and marketing plans for focus wine suppliers in-line with the group wine strategy.
- Report on the sales plan (monthly/quarterly) to ensure activities are delivering growth in profit & volume.
- Work closely with the Wine Marketing and Design Studio teams to ensure that all events and material produced is in-line with Group wine objectives and meets the needs of our customers, sales force and suppliers alike.
- Manage the suppliers/ambassadors /winemakers time and expectations which visiting the UK to maximise visit
- To be the link between the Wine and Sales teams to create a greater interaction and effectiveness of the focus suppliers.
- Day to day promotional planning is created to growth plans to deliver the A&P budgets for the focus suppliers.
- Maximise usage of the relationships with Generic Bodies and owning the investment opportunity to support business needs
- Prepare and gain approval of short and medium term wine plans for our suppliers that will deliver the A&P budget (volume/profit)
- Provide wine category support for regional and national sales teams working closely with the WDS group.
- Focus on embedding new agencies/wines into the business.
- Working with Insight to monitor and review wine performance, highlighting competitor activity, key opportunities and recommendations to combat.
- Monitor that all wine marketing activities are designed, developed, implemented and reviewed in-line with the group wine objectives.
- Be a driver for Sales Planning to deliver wine objectives
- Control the spend of the Supplier A&P budget and work closely with all stakeholders to monitor and review.
- Approving invoicing of suppliers for activities that are outside of the agreed supplier plan.
- Be an extremely vocal and public presence within the Sales that advocates the Company wine objectives.
- To liaise with the Wine Specialist and training team with the updates and development from the suppliers and generic governing bodies
Contacts / Key Relationships & Nature of Influence
- Wine Purchasing Team
- Wine Marketing Team
- Sales force
- Design Studio
- Comms and PR teams
- Logistic for Promotional planning
- Wine suppliers – key UK and agencies
- Regional and National customer where needed
- Wine Bodies
Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Strong Sales Orientation
- Strong wine expertise and experience
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-moving environment, being able to prioritise and multi-task to ensure tight deadlines are met
- Project management skills
- Ability to present to and influence from salesforce up to Board level
- Previous experience within wine Marketing and brand building
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience organising a workload in a fast paced environment
- Proven Training skills
- Sales experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the wine category, theory and market
- Thorough knowledge of the UK on-trade wine market
- Excellent product and wine product knowledge
- Sound knowledge of the design and print process
- High profile and network within the Wine trade and Strong understanding of the business.
- Proven ability to deliver creative solutions across business units
- WSET 3
Passion: We tackle challenges and opportunities with passion and enthusiasm. Across the business we have fun whilst we do it.
Agility: We are always flexible to the needs of the business. Our people generate innovative ways of working. In return our leadership embrace new ideas and opportunities.
Team Work: We work as one team to achieve a common goal. We support our customers, our retail Franchisees and each other.
Customer Focus and Excellence: We make a difference by going the extra mile for our customers and each other