To manage the quality of all relevant products purchased by the Conviviality Group in order to limit the quality-related issues associated with buying Wines, Spirits & Beers.
- Collaborate with Head of Technical to develop and implement the technical strategy across the Group
- Assume team management responsibilities when Head of Technical is absent
- Build and manage relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Assess all elements of the Supply Chain to ensure the required level of quality, including production, bottling, transportation and storage.
- Develop, implement and monitor excellent due diligence procedures, to deliver technical excellence.
- Collate and analyse data relating to suppliers, incidents, and technical specifications. Reporting to stakeholders
- Manage and resolve Incidents
- Proactive process implementation
- Audit assigned Key Producers against Conviviality Technical Code of practice.
- Manage and deliver own label specifications in all assigned countries.
- Provide advice on legal technical requirements to suppliers and colleagues
- Support to sales teams and liaison with key retailer technical managers
- Support to Buyers with: new supplier audits, blends, new vintage approval
- Buying Team
- All Sales Teams
- All Wine Suppliers
KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
- Leadership experience
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to influence at all levels
- BRC/IFS/HACCP/TFMS/ISO/GFSI/OTHER standards
- Legal requirements/legislation
- MS Office
- Experience of developing long term plans
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- HACCP Level 2/3
- Degree educated or equivalent qualification
- Ideally, WSET Diploma Level
- Food Technology qualification preferable
Passion: We tackle challenges and opportunities with passion and enthusiasm. Across the business we have fun whilst we do it.
Agility: We are always flexible to the needs of the business. Our people generate innovative ways of working. In return our leadership embrace new ideas and opportunities.
Team Work: We work as one team to achieve a common goal. We support our customers, our retail Franchisees and each other.
Customer Focus and Excellence: We make a difference by going the extra mile for our customers and each other
TRAVEL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Role involves flexible working hours and travel in the UK and/or abroad when required