Founded in 1870, Davy’s Wine Merchants is an importer, wholesaler and retailer. We sell to the On- and Off- trade, as well as private customers; locally via our wine shops and nationally via mail order and online for home delivery or private cellar storage.
This is a new role, reporting to the Sales Manager & Operations Director. The role is very much ‘hands-on’ , with an emphasis on organisational and office skills, processing fine wine and trade sales, preparing tasting sheets and other printed collateral to a very high standard, editing online content and liaising with a wide range of stakeholders both within and outside of the Davy’s group. An ideal career step for someone with excellent office and organisational skills, content creation and editing skills and previous experience (1-2 yrs +) of sales and marketing operations in a fine wine merchant.
- Responding to Fine Wine sales enquiries from private and trade customers
- Processing Fine Wine orders, assisting with e-commerce and mail order processing when required (knowledge of In Bond / Duty Paid Fine Wine order processes desirable)
- Assisting with co-ordination / production of various wine portfolios (retail / wholesale / wine bar price lists)
- Reviewing web pages and tasting sheets for style, accuracy and content; implement a rolling programme of review for web pages
- Oversee accuracy, grammar & style on online pages; checking new products & pages as added by the Online Sales Manager
- Co-ordinate sending of e-shots with group marketing campaigns
- Liaise with the Stock & Logistics Controller to obtain high quality information on all wines and producers in the portfolio.
- Contact wine trade and consumer press on monthly basis to update stockist lists, organising samples for tastings and competitions
- Report monthly on press contacts to Group marketing
- Compile monthly sales & marketing reports for merchants
- Compile basic market trend reports using industry data
- Help obtain and develop customer acquisition campaigns
- Developing content and imagery for e-shot campaigns.
- Creation of simple posters, flyers and advertisements – layout, design, imagery and copy, using Adobe Photoshop
Experience of database management – Navision, Vintner, Maginus, Salesforce or similar
Experience (1-2 years +) Sales support / marketing in a traditional wine merchant
Advanced skills with MS Office (Word, Excel), including designing advanced spreadsheets, creating mail merge mailings
WSET Level 3 or equivalent; confident writing tasting notes.
Excellent standard of literacy, some creative writing ability, content creation experience
Salary: From £25k, commensurate with experience, plus performance related bonus scheme, a generous team discount scheme and other benefits
Application Deadline: 5th May 2017