Salcombe Distilling Co. seeking passionate and experienced Sales Manager & Brand Ambassador for the Southwest
We are looking for a passionate and experienced on and off trade sales individual to join our amazing team at Salcombe Distilling Company to grow sales of Salcombe Gin in the South West of England. This is not a position for the faint hearted or shrinking violet, this role requires someone who is the embodiment of fun, flair and fortitude, a real people person who shares the same relentless drive, integrity and uncompromising approach that embodies everything we do.
Salcombe Distilling Company was formed in 2014 by our founders, Angus and Howard, with the sole purpose to create one of the worlds’ finest gins inthe stunning and iconic coastal town of Salcombe, Devon. Having built a purpose-built distillery on the water in Salcombe, which opened to the public in November 2016 and launching Salcombe Gin to critical acclaim in summer 2016, Salcombe Gin is rapidly gaining an enviable reputation amongst gin connoisseurs the world over.
With listings in some of the finest restaurants in the UK and a gold medal at the 2017 World Gin Awards, 2017 is set to be an amazingly exciting year that you too can be part of. We are now looking to expand our team to help our amazing brand reach further afield in the UK. This is an exceptional time within our company’s short history and here is your chance to be a key part of our success.
Your role will be to grow sales and build brand presence within key on and off trade customers across the South West of England. This will involve working with our existing trade and wholesale accounts and building on these relationships, together with finding new sales accounts in the region as well as supporting our global sales plan. This is a fantastic role for an exceptional candidate with a great opportunity for someone who is ambitious, has an entrepreneurial attitude and who wants to be a key part of a fast-growing luxury spirits brand.
You will be the face of the company in the South West when out on the road, so we need someone who relishes the opportunity to create and win new sales opportunities and also develop and nurture relationships with our existing trade and wholesale customers.
Desired skills and experience
- You will have 2+ years in on or off-trade sales within the drinks sector
- Experience working for a successful ‘craft’ spirits distillery preferable
- You will have a good relationship base with existing on and off-trade accounts
- You will be confident in developing and executing a sales and marketing plan, working closely with the company’s founders.
- You will have a strong knowledge base about gin and the craft spirits sector and be confident and happy to speak in front of a crowd
- You will have an interest in gastronomy and experiencing the finerthings in life
- Cocktail knowledge and bar tending experience would be beneficial
- You should have a natural ability to sell in a consultative manner
- You should be commercially aware and results driven
- You should be organised with an ability to work unsupervised
- You should be proficient in the use of social media
- You should have a full and cleaning UK driving license.
- You will be comfortable working with a CRM system
- · To generate new business in the on and off trade sector within with South West of England, regularly following up on sales leads.
- To manage relationships with existing trade and wholesale accounts
- To create and execute a field sales and marketing plan.
- · To identify, develop and support key accounts through creative sales initiatives and incentives.
- To keep all accounts up to date on the latest developments with Salcombe Gin through regular customer visits and phone calls.
- · To talk knowledgably and confidently about Salcombe Gin and the wider gin category in front of large groups of current and prospective Salcombe Gin customers and their teams, both at our distillery in Salcombe and at their respective venues.
- To host training and tasting events for trade and consumers across the region with potential to travel across the UK and further afield.
- · To provide sampling at off-trade retailers and events.
- · To work diligently and passionately towards hitting our ambitious sales targets
Our ideal candidate:
- Will be based in the South West or seeking to relocate to the area.
- Will have huge levels of energy and a sunny disposition who is hard working, flexible, works on their own initiative and likes to get things done.
- Will share the same high standards, attention to detail and uncompromising approach we have.
- Will ideally have a couple of years’ experience working within the on and off trade drinks sector, preferably for another small but successful drinks brand and want to be part of the next big gin success story.
- Must be organised, entrepreneurial and confident with any ability to think on your feet and juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Should enjoy working as part of a small and close knit team but have tons of initiative to get things done yourself.
- Should share in our love of the region and promote the South West and West of England.
- Have a good understanding of marketing and social media, together with good computer skills, in particular, Microsoft Office and CRM systems.
- You should be flexible as you will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Should expect to spend at least 50% of your time on the road, visiting customers and creating new business.
- Must be professional, personable, presentable, and fun; the bottom line is you will be one of our brand ambassadors and as such a face for our brand.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
The world is your oyster. We’re a small company making big waves. You can be a driving force within the company and a key part of our success. There is scope in the future as we seek to spread our brand further afield to build and manage a team, and take on more responsibility as the company grows.
Title: Southwest Sales Manager
Reporting to: One of the company’s co-founders
Remuneration: Competitive salary with performance related bonus in addition to company laptop and a regular supply of Salcombe Gin!
Location: Southwest of England, ideally based near Exeter with good access to the rest of the region.
Please send your CV together, salary requirements and history with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to include in a couple of sentences:
- · Why you think you’d be a great fit for our growing team.
- · An example of how you have gone out and won business with a previous employer
- · An interesting fact about Salcombe Gin
Applications close 28th February 2017.
Please note, due to the high volume of expected applications we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.