In order to meet our strategic expansion plans, Berkmann Wine Cellars are seeking to appoint a Sales Account Manager to work in a dynamic and commercial environment covering the Devon area. There will be some business that we can pass onto you, but primarily you will need to identify and seek out profitable sales opportunities and target new accounts within your designated region. The successful applicant will live in or around (and will have extensive knowledge of) the Devon area.
This position requires the delivery of sales in order to achieve gross profit targets; increase prominence and visibility of key agency wines whilst working towards increasing Berkmann’s profile within the on-trade sector.
We require the following skills:
- WSET qualified, minimum Level 2.
- A minimum of 2 years industry ‘on-trade’ experience.#
- Analytical and numerate with attention to detail.
- Ability to complete a detailed price proposal and write a balanced wine list.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with confidence both internally and externally.
- A passion for our products, our aims and customer service.
- Computer literate, using Word and Excel.
- Experience of working with Brand owners and strategic brand development would be advantageous.
This is an ambassadorial role, representing Berkmann and our agencies within the U.K. on trade and includes a responsibility for implementing marketing derived brand activity plans.
If you fit our requirements and have previous sales experience; a successful track record; a serious passion for wine and want to work for a company who is more than just another supplier, please apply, enclosing your CV and details of your current position using the form below.
Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required skills detailed above.
Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.
We offer a very good basic salary with very generous bonus for OTE, plus pension, phone, laptop, 23 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
*Approved agencies only**
Advert copyright of BWC