Opportunity to join a dynamic, flagship store, and a new team to drive sales forward and acquire new business. Fresh ideas welcome!
Provide exceptional levels of customer service to all customers, providing them with guidance on selecting a wine as well as pleasant and efficient assistance. Maximise sales revenue in person and on the telephone by up-selling, adding on and using targeted, personal recommendations.
Ensuring you understand that you and your shop represent Averys as a company and both are always presented to the highest standards.
- Maximise sales revenue through up selling and sales for tasting events.
- Complete Telesales targets achieving 1 to 4 sales ratio
- Play a part in the shop achieving monthly and weekly sales targets
- Exceed the customer’s expectations by ascertaining their needs using; open questions, using their purchase history, building relationships, offering tastings from the table and actively listening.
- Achieve acceptable levels of wine knowledge to assist the customer with all needs. Build towards taking the WSET higher certificate.
- Maintain efficient and effective working practices within the store. Helping to create a positive and motivated team atmosphere.
Where possible your target is to deal with 30 customers in person (where footfall allows) and 20 – 30 telephone contacts per day.
- The store is a busy retail environment and you will generally be required to be on your feet for the majority of the day. You will be located in the store at all times.
- There will be a constant interaction with both customers and colleagues. There is a team atmosphere where everybody should ‘pitch in’.
- The role includes replenishing stock and carrying customer’s orders out to their cars..
- Receiving deliveries
- Checking in stock
- Returning stock back to GDC
- Ensuring stock checks and stock takes are carried out correctly
- Ordering in new stock
- Running a clean and ordered warehouse
- Responsible for delivering shop stock targets with support from their line manager.
- Educated to GCSE Level or above
- Minimum of 1 years Retail experience
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Excellent Communicative and Influencing Skills
- Customer Focused
- Personally Effective
- Passion for and willingness to learn about wine
- Self starter with an ability to attain targets and overcome all realistic objectives
- Provides excellent customer service and takes responsibility for own actions
- Constantly strives for high standards and consistently achieves them.
Contact details (the email address to which CVs will be sent)