Contract type: Full time
Based in the dynamic start-up hub of Old Street, London, JF Tobias are a fast growing wine merchant with big ambitions to re-think how fine wine consumers are served.
If you are a candidate who embraces hard work, is well organised & personable then please get in touch. The successful candidate should be solutions-oriented, creative and have a desire to learn. We have a commitment to helping our team members reach their full potential, however, the right attitude is essential.
- Purchasing and selling of (predominantly) fine wine stock.
- Contacting new enquiries generated through JF Tobias’ online valuation platform www.jftwines.com/wine-prices/wine-valuation Understanding client requirements, establishing relationships and identifying opportunities.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with new and existing clients, providing regular valuations, market updates based on in-house analysis and facilitating trading.
- Maintaining JF Tobias’ custom CRM and custom internal systems.
- Contributing to continual cycle of feedback & improvement of our growing catalogue of bespoke external & internal solutions.
- Establishing and building relationships with UK Off Trade.
Skill, Experience, Qualifications required:
- Extremely well organised and motivated, with a bias towards action.
- Personable, well presented with good face-to-face and phone manner.
- Desire for excellence and pride in your work.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the wine trade.
- Minimum of 2 years experience dealing with private clients.
- WSET Level 3 desirable but not essential.
- Existing relationships within UK Off Trade desirable, but not essential.
- Strong fine wine knowledge, in particular of top-traded Bordeaux, Burgundy, Rhone, Champagne & Super Tuscan.
- Strong ability in the valuation of wine, using data sources such as Liv-ex, WineSearcher and our own bespoke pricing databases.
- Experience of building and managing a team a definite bonus.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of success in both achieving company goals and bringing in new initiatives.
- A high level of customer empathy. Ability to provide feedback and creative input based on personal and customer experiences.
- Driven and results orientated.
- Interested in new technology and its application.
- Honest, trustworthy and a team player.
Quarterly performance-related team bonus
Annual discretionary bonus
Applications deadline: 1st May 2017
Please include both CV and Covering Letter
No agencies please