Ehrmanns Wines is looking for a full-time National Account Manager to join its expanding team. Based In Islington, North London, Ehrmanns is a well-established, dynamic wine importer, distributor and brand owner. The right candidate for this role will be highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record in building new business with key National Accounts. This role would be home based.
National Account Manager
We are seeking to expand our National accounts team to take advantage of new and exciting branded opportunities. Led by brands such as the The Beefsteak Club, we are looking for someone who has strong product credentials, who would be equally at home talking to a winemaker as to a key buyer, and who combines creative flair with a strong grounding in ‘end to end’ financials. We are not looking for a classic FMCG sales person but someone who would relish the chance to get involved in all aspects of our operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- We let people get on with their jobs so making decisions on the ground, managing your budget and overall P&L responsibility will have to come naturally to you as you grow your business and enhance ours;
- Building great relationships with existing customers providing a holistic service that makes you a go to wine supplier;
- Planning and executing business plans and other annual customer led plans;
What kind of person are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with drive, enthusiasm and who gets along with people, especially their customers and the Ehrmanns team. You will have been doing some of what we want in your current role but are probably champing at the bit to get more involved with, for example, agreeing final bulk wine samples, tweaking a label design or even getting the wider team to develop a concept/wine for one of your customers. You will have a track record to show that you can sell and that you can take the knocks and come back with creative solutions to meet your customers’ needs and prospective clients’ demands.
We would like you to have:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar position or a developmental position that has prepared you for this role
- A passion for wine and an extensive wine knowledge. WSET exams would help here.
- Superior commercial awareness and excellent negotiation skills
- First class planning and self-organisation
- Someone who gets the ‘digital age’ and uses social media as a business tool without really thinking about it
- Strong relationship building skills and excellent communication skills
What we are offering?
The salary will depend on experience but will be competitive and will come with a 15 per cent bonus potential. We will add pension, life and health assurance.