Castelnau Wine Agencies is a dynamic wine agency house that services all sectors of the wine industry: on-trade, regional wine merchants, multiple grocers and wine specialists. Owned by a major Champagne producer and with close ties to one of Burgundy’s key players, we have an extensive and growing wine portfolio, and a strong belief in service, our people and the quality of our agencies. We have been quietly and successfully servicing the wine trade for 36 years and we are run by Master of Wine Keith Isaac.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a number of existing accounts, but chiefly developing new business opportunities through their network of established volume contacts for our key wine agencies and volume lines.
Applicants for this sales role will need to demonstrate proven on-trade sales experience with a track record of winning, growing and developing key accounts, especially in the premium London On-Trade.
They will need to possess a well-developed network of contacts and the ability to contribute to sales strategy and offer industry insights, for the London On-Trade is essential.
Skills and experience:
- An in-depth knowledge of London on-trade is essential as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of customers
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with a proven track record of success in on-trade wine sales. This is an essential aspect of your application.
- An ability to meet sales targets is requisite for this role
- An ability to work within a team and meet deadlines
- Languages are not essential but would be an advantage
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook and excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate good wine knowledge, preferably at WSET Diploma level
Salary & Package:
Salary/package plus sales commission will be commensurate with experience as well as:
- Sales bonus on top of basic salary based on performance against key objectives and key agency volumes
- Company Profit Share
- Discounted wine
- Travel up to Zone 4