Berkmann Wine Cellars are looking to fill a newly created position of Business Development Manager working from our head office in London (N7). The role entails identifying and seeking out new profitable sales opportunities, whilst proactively targeting new business which is operationally viable, sustainable and commercially rewarding for the company, wineries and brand owners. The role has a broad remit covering all major conurbations within London.
- Deliver budgeted Gross Profit, by achieving sales results from an identified customer account base.
- Provide clear workings inclusive of delivery cost for all new accounts
- Establish and build relationships with key customer decision makers and buyers.
- Deliver new and profitable customers to the sales region.
- Management of territory Profit and Loss to deliver on budget expectation.
- Active participation in monthly Sales Management Meetings.
- Analytical and numerate with good attention to detail,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conviction and diplomacy.
- Structured planning ability to handle a high workload without supervision.
- Committed to the company, the job role, with a positive and highly motivated work ethos
Knowledge and experience:
- Educated to graduate level.
- U.K. drinks on and off trade experience.
- 3 years sales experience, [FMCG preferred] from a wine background.
- Experience working with Brand Owners and strategic brand development.
- Practical knowledge of using and interpreting Market data [e.g. AC Nielsen data and TGI]
- Excellent written & verbal communication essential
- Must be highly computer literate, using Word, excel, and PowerPoint.
If you fit our requirements and have previous sales experience; a successful track record; a serious passion for wine and want to work for a family owned company who is more than just another supplier, please apply, enclosing your CV and details of your current position, using the form below.
Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required skills detailed above.
Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.
We offer a very good basic salary with very generous bonus for OTE, plus pension, phone, laptop, 23 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
*Approved agencies only**
Advert copyright of BWC