Job Title: Brand Manager
Reporting to: Senior Brand Manager
Location: Luton (Dallow Road, Luton, LU1 1UR)
Position: Permanent contract
Hallgarten Druitt has over 80 years of experience in the UK wine trade. We market and sell over 1,000 wines from some of the greatest wine producers in the world through our 45-strong sales team to all sectors of the UK trade – restaurants, hotels, independent wine merchants and supermarkets. In addition, we also have a portfolio of brands which we design ourselves and which we sell both in the UK and abroad.
This is a challenging, exciting role which involves dealing with a number of diverse wine suppliers, prioritising their importance, managing their expectations, maximising their strengths and providing as smooth a conduit as possible between those suppliers and our sales teams, customers and media.
This role requires excellent organisational and inter-personal skills needed to work with a range of suppliers and sales personnel. A good command of French and or Italian would be advantageous as would a background in Brand Management.
Reporting to our Senior Brand Manager, and liaising closely with our Buying and Logistics departments, your responsibilities will fall under two main categories: annual planning and day-to-day liaison:
- Communicate to the suppliers exactly what is needed to make them successful in the UK. This will involve a certain amount of benchmarking and UK market insight
- Produce plans for some of our key stakeholders including price positioning, promotions, product availability and route to market.
- You will formulate a reporting schedule to communicate the progress of these plans, which will include the production of supplier sales reports and a schedule for supplier visits;
- All ad hoc daily communication with the suppliers and our sales teams.
The candidate must have a willingness to learn, with a positive can-do attitude together with…
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Organised with a good ability to multi task
- Good analytical skills;
- French and or Italian an advantage;
- Able to build very strong relationships with a myriad of different suppliers;
- Able to work unaccompanied and in a pressure environment;
- Commercial knowledge – U.K. drinks off-trade/ on-trade experience.
- Must be computer literate, using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you are interested please send your CV and covering letter using the form below.