Wines of Chile moves UK trade tasting to March
The Wines of Chile trade tasting that was due to take place in the UK next week has been postponed and is now expected to occur in March.
The event, which was to be held at London’s Linley Hall on 13 January, is now expected to take place at the same location in March, with the decision to reschedule the tasting taken yesterday by Wines of Chile.
The new timing has been chosen to avoid the current disruption to travel and business in London due to the high number of people isolating following positive PCR tests for the Omicron variant of Covid-19.
The postponed event will follow the original format, and promises to give the UK trade the same chance to see and taste Chile’s innovations in winemaking, as well as the opportunity to sample new releases, and meet with winemakers.
The event in March will also feature the same set of masterclasses and free-pour tasting tables, details of which are listed below.
1. SUSTAINABLE CHILE
Chile’s sustainability code is now in its tenth year, from vineyard to wine tourism learn how sustainability has evolved in Chile.
2. CHILE’S VITICULTURAL HERITAGE
Tradition meets new age Chile – Discover how Chile’s wine regions have evolved, the varieties that have adapted to the terroir and have found their home in Chile’s wine regions.
3. WINES WITH PERSONALITY
Chile is blessed with stunning wine regions, and within these regions our superstar winemakers are creating wines that not only reflect their terroir but stamp the winemaker’s own style, personality and character on their wines.
Themes for free-pour tasting tables:
- Award Winning Wines – Try trophy and gold medal winning wines from 2021 competitions.
- Sauvignon Blanc & Chardonnay – Sample these two white varietals from the different regions of Chile.
- Innovations & New Releases – Taste new styles, techniques, and wines that are new to the market.
- The Beautiful South – Wines from the South of Chile, Maule, Itata, Malleco, Bío Bío and beyond.
- Unsigned talent – A rare opportunity for wineries seeking representation to showcase a snapshot of their wine portfolio.