The top 10 most expensive wines

1. Henri Jayer Richebourg Grand Cru

Henri Jayer Richebourg Grand CruAnd another Burgundy to finish this expensive list, and a third wine from Henri Jayer. Burgundy winery owner Lalou Bize-Leroy is quoted in “Les vins de reve” as saying “Richebourg has more opulence than finesse. Richebourg is the more massive and Le Romanée finer.” Jayer wines are renowned for their “balance and elegance” and the average price is $16,325 (£10,463), the maximum is $26,443 (£16,948) and if you would like to try one, WineSearcher has a bottle of 1978 listed at £15,160.

16 Responses to “The top 10 most expensive wines”

1. Marlene Rossman says:

Why must I go from page to page wasting precious time. Why can’t you list these on one page?

2. Michael Johnson says:

I couldn’t agree with Marlene more. I hate these lists that drag it out page by page. I got fed up with number 6 and went no further

3. Ralph says:

why lists not scroll down?
    because the site will get more “page impressions”
    google it

4. Eben Esterhuyse says:

Even though it was a bit time consuming to go thru page after page, it was still quite interesting to go thru them all. How I would love to taste these wines. After all, that is what its all about.

5. hokage jp says:

any comments on the wines? lol

6. Adam says:

OK, I’ll be a buzzkill – Some people are starving to death in the world. Some people can’t afford the meds necessary to stay alive. Some people can’t afford to keep a roof over their heads.

And some people pay tens of thousands of dollars for a bottle of wine.

nice.

7. Voncherio Carancho says:

Last holidays I payed $17,200 for a bottle of 1959, in 2011 I donated $50,000 to help feed hunger in less fortunate countries. I am some people.

• Anonymous says:

No your just retarded, for paying that much for a bottle of alcohol. Anyways most charity contributions do not go toward the advertised cause. Look up pink ribbon foundation or salvation army. They make no progress and only use a fraction toward their cause.

8. dean corso says:

Looks more like an infomercial for Henri Jayer.

9. Excellent article, it’s amazing that there’s so many Burgundy wines in there.