How To Become Pays d’Oc IGP Ambassador of the Year 2014/2015
Entry Dates 15th April – 18th June 2014
Inter Oc, the trade association for Pays d’Oc IGP wines, is searching for a dynamic member of the wine industry to be the Pays d’Oc IGP Ambassador of the Year 2014/2015.
Anyone working in the wine trade can enter (On-Trade, Off-Trade, Distributors and Suppliers)
The judges will be looking for an individual who embodies the diversity and originality of Pays d’Oc IGP as well as someone who can explain and convey the spirit and key messages of Pays d’Oc IGP to the UK market, both consumer and trade.
The lucky winner will be offered the opportunity to represent the UK as a member of the Grand Jury of Pays d’Oc IGP Collection 2015, selecting some of the finest wines from the denomination.
Following their ‘election’ the responsibilities will include interacting as the spokesperson of Pays d’Oc IGP on social networks, as well as enlightening the UK wine industry with information such as tasting notes and comments on the denomination, wines and producers. Finally the winner should be available for interviews with the press and media from September 2014 to May 2015.
How To Enter:
- A paragraph explaining why you are eligible for the award (maximum 500 words)
- 100 words about the Pays d’Oc IGP denomination
The testimony of one of your colleagues supporting your application and detailing why you deserve to become the Pays d’Oc IGP Ambassador
Pays d’Oc IGP is one of the most dynamic French wine denominations today. Drawn from the Languedoc-Roussillon region in the South of France – the freedom which the winemakers have to exploit the natural diversity of the climate, soil and 56 grape varietal is allowing a level of innovation unseen in other areas. Since it’s creation in 1987, Pays d’Oc IGP has become the French varietal wine reference for consumers around the world.
- A rich and diverse range
- Consistent volumes by vintage
- Branded wines and signature wines
- Contemporary, classic and original wines
- Excellent value for money
- Quality wines, controlled and checked with a guarantee of traceability
The Facts & Figures:
- Produced 6.3 million hectolitres in 2013 (equivalent: 840 million bottles)
- 100,000 hectares of vines
- 20,000 vine growers
- 56 grape varieties permitted in the denomination
- 1st out of 75 French IGP wines: Pays d’Oc IGP represents 65% of French IGP wines and 90% of French IGP varietal wines
- Leading French exporter by volume
- 5th world exporter by volume of varietal wines
- The UK is Pays d’Oc IGP’s 3rd biggest export market both in volume and value
- Represents 68% of Languedoc-Roussillon wines exported to the UK
- Breakdown by colour in the UK market : 68% Red & Rosé and 32% White
Submit your entry using the form below