Theale, Berkshire, UK
Job offer closes: 19 May 2013
To source and negotiate wines from a number of countries to fulfil the company’s ambitious international sales plans.
To manage their portfolio of wines ensuring they have strong customer propositions and compelling stories with which to inspire our colleagues around the world.
• Sourcing wine, whether as bulk or finished bottled wine, that exceeds the expectations of our different customers around the world.
• Negotiating prices for these wines that give clear competitive advantage to Direct Wines, ensuring that we can sell at a competitive price, but yet offering a fair and sustainable price to our long-term suppliers.
• Developing wines, both as original concepts, and as extensions / adaptations of existing labels, that result in commercial success.
• Collecting, maintaining and presenting accurate information about these products to our Merchandising and Marketing teams around the world in a way that enthuses and inspires them to convey the essence of the wines to our customers.
• Working closely with the Merchandising teams in all markets to plan production and purchase volumes.
• Taking an active part in the creative process to ensure the real reason for buying the wine is inspiringly communicated to our customers through our mailings, websites etc.
• Educated to degree standard or equivalent
• Full and clean driving licence
• WSET Diploma or relevant winemaking qualifications
• Wine Buying experience with proven ability to accurately taste and assess the quality of wines
• Knowledge of at least one of the major markets where Direct Wines currently sells wine
• An extremely good knowledge of wine, not only finished bottled wine, but also raw unfinished tank samples
• Experience in developing successful wine brands
• Fluent in either French, Spanish, German and/or Italian
• Ability to work with global teams and travel to the markets as required
• Excellent commercial acumen and negotiation ability
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Manage significant number of projects & work to tight deadlines
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Creative thinker with ideas about how to sell wine in different markets
• Know what makes a great purchase at every price point
How to Apply:
Click the Apply button above to send your CV and covering message.