Man finds dead lizard in beer
5th June, 2014 by Lauren Eads
A man was taken ill after almost swallowing a rotting lizard found floating in his beer.
Amos Chinaka, 49, from Bulawayo in Zimbabwe, began vomiting and was later taken ill after discovering the dead reptile languishing at the bottom of an opaque beer container, known as Scud, according to a report by local newspaper, The Chronicle.
Speaking to The Chronicle, Chinaka said: “I could smell a different reek from the container but I ignored it.
“When I had almost finished the beer I felt that the container was still a bit heavy and I decided to offload all its contents into my mouth. I jumped in shock when I saw a dead lizard in my mouth as I held the container.”
He added: “Since that day, my stomach has been giving me problems and my eyes are continuously itching. I have not managed to seek medical attention because I don’t have the money.”
The beer is reported to have been produced by Delta Beverages, a Zimbabwe-based company which has previously hit the headlines after items including used condoms, sanitary pads and rats were allegedly found floating in their scud containers.
Chinaka added: “I used to read stories about funny objects being found in Scud containers and I thought people were making up stories. I have discovered it’s true that Delta is not doing its job and this is dangerous to our health.”
Delta Beverages have not, as yet, commented on the incident.