Rare 1949 Krug Champagne set for auction

7th February, 2014 by Lauren Eads

A 65-year-old bottle of Krug Champagne, believed to be one of just a dozen bottles left in the world of its 1949 collection, is set to go under the hammer.

Speaking in 2007 about the Krug Collection 1949, Olivier Krug, director of Krug Champagne house said: “It’s a great and rare champagne which I have probably tasted myself only twice or three times in my life, no more.

“It comes from one of those fantastic years we had after the war.

“It was a very small vintage for Krug.

“When you are a Krug lover and you see this bottle it’s not a matter of price, it’s a question of ‘Wow’, I found one.”

This bottle comes in its original presentation box and has a letter of authentication from….

Continue reading

Get unlimited access to The Drinks Business, from just £10.75 per month

Join The Drinks Business
Already a subscriber?

6 Responses to “Rare 1949 Krug Champagne set for auction”

1. Sue Rayner says:

We drank one of these in 1981, a very good drop

2. Kylie Penman says:

I am selling a 1964 Krug. Its a magnum privee Cuvee. Any ideas where to start?

3. Andy Haynes says:

I recently discovered a bottle of 1949 Krug whilst clearing out a deceased relatives house, the bottle is in poor condition, but the cork is intact. How would I go about getting it valued? Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

4. brian larsen says:

do you know anything about 1949 La Couronne champagne? i have an unopened bottle with cork and wire intact. any info would be apprecieted.

5. j Stewart says:

I have a unopened bottle of heidsieck & co gold top monopole dry champagne well over 60ys old maybe more any idea of the value

6. Dairis says:

Hi!
    I have a 1938 KRUG & C CHAMPAGNE PRIVATE CUVĖE full bottle , maybe someone know how much she is worth?!