You are currently viewing the International Edition. You can also switch to the Hong Kong Edition.
Monday 22 December 2014

If that's interesting, how about these?

The top 10 most expensive wines

4th September, 2013 by Andy Young

From Pinot Noir, to Chardonnay and Riesling, here are the world’s top 10 most expensive wines.

Case shotCompiled by popular wine search engine WineSearcher.com, the list is made up of the average tax-free price for 75cl bottles. No distinction is made between vintages and wine auctions have not been taken into account. WineSearcher has also taken out of the average price sales that were deemed to be too high or too low.

What is notable from this list is just how strong Burgundy wines are, accounting for eight out of the top 10. Indeed that trend continues for WineSearcher’s top 50 most expensive wines, with 37 coming from Burgundy, including six from the Côte de Beaune and 31 from the Côte de Nuits.

There is a more even split between red and white wine in this top 10, with red just edging it by six to four.

Click through the following pages to find out what are the world’s most expensive wines

12 Responses to “The top 10 most expensive wines”

1. Marlene Rossman says:

Why must I go from page to page wasting precious time. Why can’t you list these on one page?

2. Michael Johnson says:

I couldn’t agree with Marlene more. I hate these lists that drag it out page by page. I got fed up with number 6 and went no further

3. Ralph says:

why lists not scroll down?
    because the site will get more “page impressions”
    google it

4. Eben Esterhuyse says:

Even though it was a bit time consuming to go thru page after page, it was still quite interesting to go thru them all. How I would love to taste these wines. After all, that is what its all about.

5. hokage jp says:

any comments on the wines? lol

6. Adam says:

OK, I’ll be a buzzkill – Some people are starving to death in the world. Some people can’t afford the meds necessary to stay alive. Some people can’t afford to keep a roof over their heads.

And some people pay tens of thousands of dollars for a bottle of wine.

nice.

7. Voncherio Carancho says:

Last holidays I payed $17,200 for a bottle of 1959, in 2011 I donated $50,000 to help feed hunger in less fortunate countries. I am some people.

• Anonymous says:

No your just retarded, for paying that much for a bottle of alcohol. Anyways most charity contributions do not go toward the advertised cause. Look up pink ribbon foundation or salvation army. They make no progress and only use a fraction toward their cause.