Camerons brewery announces £24.7m funding deal

8th January, 2013 by Andy Young

North East brewer Camerons is targeting “growth and new opportunities” after agreeing a £24.7m funding package with Newcastle team at Royal Bank of Scotland Corporate & Institutional Banking (RBS).

Camerons BreweryCamerons currently owns 69 pubs across the north of England and last year produced around one million hectolitres of beer. The brewery’s best-known ales include Strongarm Ruby Red Ale and Trophy Special.

The majority of Camerons is owned by chairman David Soley, who has 76% of the business along with his family, the remaining 24% is owned by Heineken UK , with which Camerons also maintains a significant contract brewing agreement.

In announcing the deal Soley said: “Royal Bank of Scotland provided us with a competitive refinancing offer which we are delighted to have received.

“We pride ourselves on our strong independent, customer-focused business model and continue to seek further opportunities to grow our presence in prime North East markets.”

Camerons and RBS first started working together in 2004, when the bank started its support with spending on the brewery and the acquisition of pubs.

Graham Robinson, relationship director for RBS CIB said: “Camerons is a very strong business and we are delighted to support the firm in this latest deal. They have some exciting growth plans for increasing their brewery output and spread of customers, and we look forward to working with the brewery long into the future.”

The £24.7m deal is scheduled to run over three-and-a-half years and follows Joule’s Brewery and the Co-operative Bank agreeing a financing deal earlier this week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please note that comments are subject to our posting guidelines in accordance with the Defamation Act 2013. Posts containing swear words, discrimination, offensive language and libellous or defamatory comments will not be approved.

Subscribe to our newsletters

Job vacancies

Account Manager

Justerini & Brooks
London, UK

Cider Master

Emily Estate UK Ltd
Bruton, Somerset, GB

Senior Customer Marketing Manager

Conviviality Group
London or Bristol, UK

Customer Marketing Manager- 12 month FTC

Conviviality Direct
London, UK

PR Account Executive

Clementine Communications Ltd
Fulham, UK

Marketing Manager

Berkmann Wine Cellars
London, N7, UK

Brand Manager

Berkmann Wine Cellars
London, N7, UK

Sales Account Manager

Jascots Wine Merchants
London, UK

Marylebone Sales Manager

Philglas & Swiggot
Marylebone, London, UK

Area Sales Manager

Bon Coeur Fine Wines
North England, UK

Procurement Assistant – Wine

Adnams PLC
Southwold, UK

Account Manager Central London

Speciality Drinks Ltd
London, UK

Brand Ambassador

Speciality Drinks Ltd
London, UK

National Business Development Manager

Speciality Drinks Ltd
London, UK

Marketing Assistant

Hatch Mansfield
Ascot, Berkshire, UK

The Global Sparkling Masters 2017

Deadline : 25th August 2017

The Global Malbec Masters 2017

Deadline : 25th August 2017

The Global Sauvignon Blanc Masters 2017

Deadline : 1st September 2017

Global Chardonnay Masters 2017

Deadline : 8th September 2017

Click to view more

The Global Rosé Masters 2017

With wines from the palest of pink to almost ruby red, bone dry to almost cloyingly sweet, reductively handled to barrel-aged, as well as gently spritzy to fully sparkling.

The Global Organic Masters 2017

The drinks business is thrilled to announce the launch of The Global Organic Masters

The Drinks Business Awards 2017

Now in its 15th year, the db awards have become the most authoritative, internationally respected badge of achievement in the alcoholic drinks industry.

The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters 2017

the drinks business Hong Kong announces its first year of The Asian Cabernet Sauvignon Masters.

Click to view more