You are currently viewing the International Edition. You can also switch to the Hong Kong Edition.
Tuesday 2 September 2014

If that's interesting, how about these?

Top 10 biggest beer brands

24th September, 2012 by db_staff

1. SNOW

Volume 2011: 50.8 million barrels
Volume 2010: 52 million barrels
Change 10-11: -2.36%

2011 ranking: 1

The world’s top-selling beer is a pale, Budweiser-like brew that barely anyone in the West has ever heard of, let alone tasted.

It is Snow Beer.

The Chinese drank 16.5 billion pints of Snow last year, making it easily China’s favourite and roughly twice as popular as Bud Light, the global beer from which it snatched the number one spot back last year.

The Snow range of brands accounted for 84% of sales at the China Resources-SABMiller joint venture in 2008. Snow may not yet generate as much profit for SABMiller as Bud Light does for its rival,Anheuser-Busch InBev, but the Chinese beer market is expected to grow 5% annually in coming years, twice the growth

of the global market in 2011. US and European beer drinkers, sobering up fast thanks to the poor state of economies in the developed world, are steadily reducing their own consumption. In the five years to 2011, the Chinese beer market grew by 29% in volume terms to 50 billion litres, but by 63% in value terms, making for a market value of 454bn yuan (US$71bn).

Brand owner: SABMiller
Head office: 1 Stanhope Gate,
London W1K 1AF
Tel: +44 (0)20 7659 0100
Website: sabmiller.com
VP marketing: Antonio Maldonado
PR: SABMiller press office
+44 (0)20 7659 0105

9 Responses to “Top 10 biggest beer brands”

1. Freddy says:

please send me empty can or bottle. email to get adddress.

2. George Barror says:

I understand why most of those beers are in the top ten, I prefer a good IPA, I gan get lite beer from my kitchen faucet.

3. Robert says:

The Chinese will start drinking a wider range of beer once the market there has more to offer.

4. neil says:

I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT AS A BEER DRINKER I HAVE NEVER TASTED ONE OF THE RUBBISH THAT WAS ON YOUR LIST. THAT STUFF IS NOT BEER, I WILL SAY NO MORE

5. Dustin Miller says:

I’ve been waiting my whole life to get a case of Miller beer for being named “Miller.” What an awesome day :) used to imply the fact that “my name’s on it, I legally own thast beer.. gimme some!”

6. Bo says:

Hard to believe! In China: Snow is a secundary brand and quality after Tsingdao! something seems incorrect in the reported numbers!

7. Dean Langkilde says:

Yellow fizzy water… All of it.

8. Gebre'Egziabeher says:

Wow, never knew the world had so little knowledge of what good beer is. Budweiser is the worst piece of sh*t “beer” ever brewed & should be illegal as it is a shame even to those Chinese brands whom top the list.

9. ajay says:

Please tell me the name of a beer that does not taste bitter