Male cocktail drinkers “less attractive”
11th July, 2012 by Martin Crummy
Men who drink cocktails are less attractive, according to a survey conducted by relationship site eHarmony.
Whilst studying the dating behaviour of over 1000 of its members, they found that when women were asked for their impressions of what a man drinks on a date, 25% said a pina colada was the least attractive tipple, suggesting that the drink is perceived as “too feminine”.
But 62% of women voted whiskey on the rocks as the most masculine drink order .
Surprisingly, the only thing more off putting to a man than a woman ordering a glass of champagne is one who orders a glass of milk.
According to the study, what you order on a date has a definite impression on your partner with 25% of men admitting to being “turned off” by a woman who orders the most expensive dish on the menu, while 35% feel the same way about a date who orders nothing at all.
Overall, 65% of women and 55% of men agree that a simple, informal drink in a relaxed setting is more appealing than a romantic, candlelit dinner.
This survey follows a US online date site claiming both men and women who drink beer are 60% more likely to sleep with someone early in a relationship.
Jenni Trent Hughes, relationship expert at eHarmony.co.uk said: “In our times of austerity, an expensive date is not an attractive one. Being too ostentatious can leave your partner as cold as the dessert.
“To ensure your first date turns into a second and into a third, be conscientious about your choices but be natural and true to yourself.”
Stats about women
- · 40% of women admit to eating less on a date
- · 25% of women voted Pina Colada as the least attractive tipple for men to order
- · 65% of women said they would prefer drinks on a first date in an informal setting
- · 34% of women would be turned off by a man who didn’t order any food on a dinner date and 25% would be turned off if they ordered the same as them
- · 62% of women voted whiskey on the rocks as the most masculine drink order
Stats about men
- · 1 in 3 men (35%) eat less on a date
- · 25% men are turned off by women who order the most expensive dish on a menu
- · 34% are turned off by women who order nothing at all
- · 65% of men prefer an informal drink in a relaxed setting for a first date
- · 22% of men would be turned off by a women who ordered milk on a date