Asda boosts cider range3rd May, 2012 by Martin Crummy
Supermarket Asda is bolstering its cider range with the addition of 19 new lines, now launched in stores nationwide.
Fruit cider in particular is showing exceptionally strong growth with customers.
Sales in this area are up 143% year-on-year as cider takes on global appeal. Asda has also introduced dedicated fruit cider bays in over 100 stores over the course of 2011.
Asda will be the first to market on a range of fruit Lambrini ciders and will also stock varieties of Rekorderlig, Bulmers and Kopparberg.
In addition to an increased number of brands being stocked, Asda has also increased the range of sizes and packaging formats to ensure maximum customer choice in time for the key summer trading period.
James Yelland, cider and beer buyer at Asda, said of the launch: “Cider has seen huge success in recent years, and we see no signs of the market slowing; shoppers have told us that they are looking to us to shake up the market and provide more exciting lines.
“There is still plenty of opportunity for growth and innovation and with the new lines being brought onto our shelves, we feel we are perfectly placed to capitalise on our customers’ interest in different cider varieties this summer.”
The full list of the new range additions are as follows:
- Kopparberg Pear (10x330ml can)
- Kopparberg Mixed Fruit (10x330ml can)
- Kopparberg Strawberry & Lime (10x330ml can)
- Kopparberg Strawberry & Lime (4x330ml can)
- Bulmers Vintage Reserve
- Bulmers No 17 (6 pack)
- Magners Pear (4 pack)
- Magners (4 pack)
- Stella Cidre (18 pack)
- Stella Cidre (10 pack)
- Brothers Cider Toffee Apple
- Brothers Cider Tutti Frutti
- Brothers Cider Festival
- Gaymers Pear with Berry Fruits
- Rekorderlig Cider Strawberry and Lime (4 pack can)
- Rekorderlig Cider (6 pack bottle)
- Lambrini Cider (Apple and Pear)
- Lambrini Cider (Forest Fruits)
- Lambrini Cider (Summer Fruits)